Ram Nath Kovind
- Ram Nath Kovind appointed as Governor of Bihar on August 8, 2015. President of India Pranab Mukherjee appointed Ram Nath Kovind as per Article-153 and 156 of the Constitution of India.
- He will succeed Keshri Nath Tripathi who is now Governor of West Bengal and was holding additional charge of Bihar.
- He belongs to Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh and is a lawyer by profession.
- He was a senior BJP leader and had severed as chief of BJP Scheduled Caste Morcha. He had been a two-time Rajya Sabha member between 1994-2000 and 2000-06.
Read Also – National Current Affairs August 2015.
- Roland Folger, CEO and President of Mercedes-Benz Malaysia now has appointed as Managing Director and CEO of Mercedes-Benz India.
- He will assume responsibilities from October 1, 2015. He replaced Eberhard Kern, who now moves to a new assignment in Europe.
- Eberhard Kern headed India’s operations for past three years and was responsible for expansion for production capacity and extension of network and product portfolio.
Resignations Current Affairs
- Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras, resigned on August 20, 2015 with a hope to strengthen his hold on power in snap elections after seven months in office in which he fought Greece’s creditors for a better bailout deal but had to cave in.
- Tsipras submitted his resignation to President Prokopis Pavlopoulos with, an aim to quell a rebellion in his leftist Syriza party and seal public support for the bailout programme, • Greece’s third since 2010, that he negotiated.
- His decision to return to the ballot box deepens political uncertainty on the very day Greece began receiving funds undpr its € 86 billion ($ 96 billion) bailout programme with foreign creditors.
Persons Died Current Affairs
Dr. MM Kalburgi
- Senior Kannada writer and former Vice-Chancellor of Kannada University Dr. MM Kalburgi was shot dead in Dharwad Karnataka on August 30, 2015. He was in the age of 77.
- He has written over 20 publications, including Neeru Neeradisittu, Sarangarshi, Kachhittu Kalyan.
- As a rationalist and left ideologue he had openly spoken against idolatry tradition in Hinduism.
- Former Australian opener and a member of Don Bradman’s 1948 ‘Invincibles’ team, Arthur Morris, has died on August 22, 2015 at the age of 93 years.
- He was the most successful run-scorer during the’ 1948 series in England.
- The left-handed Morris, amassed 696 runs during the England campaign including a 182 and a 196.
- At his retirement, aged 34, he had scored 3533 runs at 46.48 in 46 Tests, with a highest score of 206 against England in Adelaide in 1950-51.
- Malayalam actor Paravoor Bharathan, known for his comedic roles, has died on August 19, 2015 at the age of 86 years.
- He was last seen on-screen in Changathikoottam in 2009. He hailed from North Paravoo.
- He was honoured with the Bahadoor Award in 2004.
- He began his career as a theatre artist in the 1940s and made his acting debut in the Malayalam film industry in the early 1950s with, Rakthabandham, where he appeared in a negative role.
- He has acted in more than 1000 films. Some of his notable films are In Harihara Nagar, Aniyan Bava Chetan Bava
- Uttar Pradesh Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Chitranjan Swarup has died on August 19, 2015 at the age of 70 years.
- He was belong to ruling Samajwadi Party and a sitting MLA from Muzaffarnagar constituency.
- He was holding various portfolios including Urban Development, Urban Employment & Poverty, Alleviation, Water Supply, Muslim Waqf and Overall Urban Development and Minority Welfare and Haj in Akhilesh Yadav government.
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more.
We hope you like News Orbit Current Affairs September 2015 (Part 3), give your feedback in comments.
Click Here to Register For Latest Current Affairs, Question Paper, Free online test Alert directly in Your Inbox.