Miscellaneous Current Affairs
- Which senior IPS officer has been given the charge the Chief of the Enforcement Directorate (ED) by the government ? KamaI Singh
- Global technology and consultancy giant Accenture appointed whom as Chairman of its India operations, recently? Rekha M. Menon
- Who has been awarded with the PATWA an affiliate of United Nations WTO. i.e., Safari India South Asia Travel Award for the year 2015 under the category of Best Tourism Minister? Dilip Parulekar (Minister, Goa Tourism)
- Who was sworn-in as the Head of a caretaker government of Greece, recently? Vassiliki Thanou
- Which former India captain has been elected recently as the President of the Association of Indian Statisticians and Scorers of India at its Annual General Meeting (AGM)? Dilip Vengsarkar
- Which Syrian-based journalist has been named for the recipient of the 2015 Peter Mackler Award for Courageous and Ethical Journalism? Zaina Erhaim
- Which Greek Prime Minister resigned with a hope to strengthen his hold on power in snap elections after seven months in office in which he fought Greece’s creditors for a better bailout deal but had lo cave in? Alexis Tsipras
- In order to minimise the systemic risk at Reserve Bank of India panel has recommended about the conversion of Urban Cooperative Banks (UCBs), which have a revenue of more than ? 20000 crores into regular banks. Who headed that panel? R. Gandhi
- Which Malayalam actor known for his comedic roles and last seen on-screen in ‘Changathikoottam’ in 2009 has died recently? Paravoor Bharathan
- Which eminent Historian writer of Maharashtra has been conferred with Maharashtra Bhushan Award 2015 in literature category? Balwant Moreshwar Purandare
Read Also – National Current Affairs September 2015 (Part 4).
Indian History Current Affairs
- Who founded a new city on the south bank of a tributary to Krishna river? [UPSC (Pre) 2015] Harihara I
- Mahatma Gandhi undertook a fast unto death in 1932 mainly because Ramsay MacDonald Announced the Communal Award
- The first dynasty of the Vijayanagar Kingdom was Sangam Dynasty
- Turamaya, a contemporary of Ashoka, was the ruler of Egypt
- Famous poet of Delhi Sultanate, who was adorned with title of the ‘Parrot of Hindustan’? Amir Khusro
[Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant 2014]
- The Vijay Stambha (Tower of Victory) at Chittor Was built by Rana Kumbha
- All India Muslim League was formed at Dhaka
- The state of Jhansi was made a part of the British Empire in India through Doctrine of Lapse
- The Governor-General of Fort William became the Governor- General of India under the Charter Act of 1833
- When did the Britishers make English the medium of instruction in India? 1835 [SSG CGL2013]
- The rock-cut temples of Mahabalipuram were built under the patronage of the Pal lava Kings
- Which Gupta King defeated Huna attackers? [BPSG2011] Skandagupta
- ‘Darul Shafa’, established by Firoz Shah Tughlaq, was a [BPSC2011] Public Hospital
- For the first time, who read the Ashokan inscriptions written in ‘Brahmi’ script? [BPSC 2008] James Princep
- The theory of Drain of Wealth from India during British imperialism was propounded by Dadabhai Naoroji
- Which commission was appointed in 1917 for reforms in education? Saddler University Commission
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more.
We hope you like Smart Practice Current Affairs September 2015 [Part 3], give your feedback in comments.
Click Here to Register For Latest Current Affairs, Question Paper, Free online test Alert directly in Your Inbox.