Marathi Film ‘Court’ is India’s Official Entry for Oscars
- Marathi film ‘Court’ was selected as India’s official entry for the Oscars on September 23, 2015 in the Best Foreign Film category at the Academy Awards. It is filmed on a jSi, g shoestring budget of ? 3.5 crore by debutant Director ‘Chaitanya Tamhane’.
- ‘Court’ won the coveted status following a marathon screening of over 40 films, spanning a week, in Hyderabad.
- The film takes a close look at India’s dysfunctional judicial system, where cases drag on for decades even as the accused impatiently wait for judgment to be delivered through the eyes of a folk artist.
Panel Formed to Restructure Water Agencies
- The Ministry for Water Resources has constituted a seven-member committee on September 14, 2015 to restructure the Central Water Commission (CWC) and the Central Ground Water Board (CGWB) to encourage optimal development of water resources in the country-
- The committee was led by former Planning Commission member Mihir Shah. The new committee will work on water resource planning, augmenting and budgeting in an integrated manner.
- The committee is expected to submit its report in three months. An elaborate mapping exercise will be undertaken as part of river basin planning, which will include mapping and characterising of aquifers.
Read Also – State Level Current Affairs for September 2015.
Union Government gave Nod to Air Force’s IACCS
- The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval on September 23, 2015 for implementation of Integrated Air Command & Control System (IACCS) prbject of Indian Air force (IAF) with allocation of ? 8000 crore.
- In this regard, a proposal was forwarded by the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC). DAC had given its nod for addition of 4 more nodes IAF’s IACCS previously in November, 2014.
- Though India has 5 IACCS nodes, the addition of 4 more nodes will help IAF to cover isolated islands hence it can provide a security umbrella to the entire country.
Union Cabinet gave Nod to Set-up ISLRTC
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved the setting-up of Indian Sign Language Research and Training Centre (ISLRTC) on September 22, 2015 as a Society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- The ISLRTC will help the five million deaf community of the country. It shall provide for increased accessibility for the hearing impaired in ‘education, in the workplace and in all activities of public life.
- The Centre will lead the way in academic development, training and propagation of the Indian Sign Language. Development of sign language interpreters, Research and Development and new technology will be the focus area of the Centre.
- The ISLRTC will be under the aegis of the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment. It shall be located initially at the Institute for Physically Handicapped, New Delhi.
National Health Profile 2015 Released
- Union Minister for Health , and Family Welfare JP Nadda released the National Health Profile (NHP)-2015 on September 22, 2015. It is prepared by the Central Bureau of Health Intelligence (CBHI).
- The National Health Profile Covers demographic, socio-economic, health status and health finance indicators, along with comprehensive information on health infrastructure and human resources in health. CBHI has been publishing National Health Profile every year since 2005. This is the 11th edition.
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more.
Click Here to Register For Latest Current Affairs, Question Paper, Free online test Alert directly in Your Inbox.