State Current Affairs
Haruana made Educational Criteria must for Urban Local Bodies
- The Haryana Assembly unanimously passed to Bills i.e.r Haryana Municipal (Amendment) in 2016 and Haryana Municipal Corporation (Amendment)’ Bill, 2016 during the ongoing budget session on March 30, 2016, making it mandatory for those contesting the polls for urban local bodies to have a minimum educational
- The Billswere moved by Minister for Urban Local Bodies Kavita As per the amendments, the minimum educational qualification for a candidate of the general category would be Class X.
- In case ofwomen candidate’s or those belonging to the Scheduled Caste category, the minimum qualification would be Class VIII, while for women of the Scheduled. Caste category, it would be Class V.
Telangana Government Launched m-Wallet Mobile App
- In a first of its kind inIndia, IT Minister Taraka Rama Rao, government of Telangana has launched m-Wallet mobile app on March 30, 2016. The m-Wallet can be downloaded on both Anroid and IOS based phones.
- The mobile phone app titled ‘RTA m-Wallet’ was launched by officially making the digital documents downloaded on mobile app.
Haryana became First State in India to Launch Injectable Contraceptives
- Haryana has become the first State in India tolaunch injectable contraceptives as a family planning measure. The facility would be available free of cost at all Primary Health Centres, Community Health Centres, and Sub Divisional and district hospitals.
- The new move is a part of the Haryana government’s Project Salamati, which was launched by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on March 29, 2016. The Salamati project would be implemented by Haryana’s Health Department in nine health blocks and four districts of the StateI including Paiwal, Mewat, Faridabad and Rewari.
Chandrababu Naidu Dedicated Pattiseerria to Andhra Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu dedicated the Pattiseema Polavaram lift irrigation scheme on the Godavari river to the people of the State on March 28, 2016. Foundation for the project was laid on March 29, 2015, and was completed in record time.
- The project will facilitate inter-linking of two rivers, Godavari and Krishna. Nearly, nine TMC ft of water including 4.5 TMC ft of water from the Tadipudi lift scheme, was diverted to Krishna delta and crops worth about 2500 crore were saved.
- The Krishna delta will be stabilised while Rayalaseema region will be developed as a ‘Ratanalaseema’ by executing the Polavaram project; Nearly 220 villages would be submerged and 370 habitations affected once the works on the Polavaram project are taken up.
BHEL Commissioned 40 MW Hydropower Plant in West Bengal
- Power equipment manufacturer’ Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), has commissioned the second 40 MW hydropower generating unit at the Teesta low dam Hydro j Electric Project (HEP) Stage-IV in West Bengal on March 28, 2016.
- The estimated annual energy generation of 720 million units from the project is expected to reduce green-house gas emissions and will help in achieving a low carbon development path for the state as well as the nation.
- Hydro generating sets of more than 29000 MW of various ratings have; been contracted on the engineering major in India and abroad. In the country; the company has so far commissioned nearly 400 hydro generating sets of various ratings with a cumulative capacity of around 20000 MW.