Current Affairs Study Material (Part 1) on National News – July 2015
Here is all latest happenings of the month of July 2015. In this post we cover each and every currents affairs of July 2015 in very detail way which helps you in the preparation of SSC, IBPS, Railway, Defense, UPSC etc. If you need any type of help or any type of study stuff then just fell free to ask via comment, we will provide you in free of cost.
‘Khoya Paya’ Web Portal Launched for Missing Children
- Khoya Paya portal a citizen based website to exchange information on missing and found children, was launched on June 2, 2015 by the Union Minister of Women and Child Development, Maneka Sanjay Gandhi and Union Minister of Communication & IT, Ravi Shankar Prasad jointly at New Delhi.
- The citizens can report missing or found children, as well as sightings of their whereabouts without wasting much time on this portal. The reporting can be done through text, photographs, videos and other means of transmitting and uploading information to the KhoyaPaya site.
- The government also run another portal named ‘Track Child’ which belongs to the Ministry of Home Affairs, but in that portal only police communicates with the police. So, the Track Child is a limited portal, whereas everybody can participate in the new portal.
Land Ordinance Re-promulgated Despite Opposition Protest
- The controversial land ordinance was re-promulgated for the third time on May 31, 2015 with President Pranab Mukherjee’s assent. He gave the assent despite the opposition’s protests over the measure.
- In this regard, the Union Cabinet, at a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on May 30, 2015 had decided to re-promulgate the ordinance.
- The ordinance was necessary for maintaining continuity and providing a framework to compensate people whose land is acquired.
Also Read: UPSC SCRA Previous Year Question Paper
Indigenous New Bank Note Printing Lines at Security Paper Mill Inaugurated
- Arun Jaitley, Finance Minister of India, inaugurated the New Bank Note Paper Line of 6000 metric tonnes capacity at Security Paper Mill, Hoshangabad in Madhya Pradesh on May 30, 2015. The Bank Note Paper Line in Mysore with 12000 metric tonnes capacity is expected to be commissioned by the end of 2015.
- By commissioning two new bank paper lines in Hoshangabad and Mysbre for indigenously printing Indian currency, government of India is expected to save foreign exchange worth ? 1500 crore. This is done as part of Make in India.
- The production of the Bank Note paper from these two units will reduce the import considerably. This will also reduce possibility of diversion of the paper supplied by the foreign suppliers to the other destinations for the purpose of generating the fake currency. .
Vijay Kelkar Panel Constituted to Review PPP Infrastructure Development
- The Union government has constituted a 10-member panel on May 26, 2015 to review and revitalise Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode of infrastructure development. The panel is headed by former Finance Secretary Vijay Kelkar who is presently the Chairman of Institute of Public Finance & Policy.
- Members of the committee are—CS Rajan (Chief Secretary, Rajasthan Government); SB Nayar (CMD, IIFCL); Shekhar Shah (Director General, NCAER); Pradeep Kumar (MD, CBG, SBI); Vikram Limaye (MD, IDFC); PS Behuria (former IRS) and Sudipto Sarkar (Barrister-at-law, Kolkata).
- The panel will have a representative, not below the rank of Joint Secretary, from the road ministry as its member, while Sharmila Chavaly, Joint Secretary, department of economic affairs, Finance Ministry will be the member secretary.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in his budget speech for 2015-16 had said that PPP infrastructure development model has to be revisited and revitalised, in which the major issue involved is re-balancing of risk.
Prime Minister Launched ‘DD Kisan’ Channel
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched ‘DD Kisan’ s Doordarshan’s channel. dedicated exclusively to HHHAHMM! farmers on May 26, 2015.
- On this occasion, Prime Minister called for making the ‘Tehsil’ the unit of agricultural planning and development.
- DD Kisan channel shall keep an eye and inform farmers about the changes in weather, global markets etc., so that farmers can plan ahead and take the right decisions well in time.
- DD Kisan channel can also highlight the efforts of progressive farmers, so that their innovations can be replicated across the country.
NASSCOM Launched Cyber Security Task Force
- National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) and Data Security Council of India have launched NASSCOM Cyber Security Task Force on May 25, 2015 which will identify the key priorities and build the detailed action plan for the sector over a 12 week period.
- The task force aims to build India as a global hub for providing cyber security solutions, developing cyber security R&D plan and develop a skilled workforce of cyber security experts.
- The vision of the task force is to build the cyber security industry in India from the 1% market share to 10% by 2025 i.e., a trained base of 1 million certified and skilled cyber security professionals and build 100 plus successful security product companies from India.
Union Government Cleared 21 FDI Proposals
- Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB), government of India, has cleared 21 Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) deals worth ? 281 crore on May 25, 2015. But, proposals involving investment of more than ? 3000 crore are given final clearance by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA).
- The proposal of pharma firm La Renon Healthcare to invest ? 100 crore in a brownfield project was cleared by the FIPB in its meeting on April 30, 2015.
- The government cleared Blue Dart Express’s proposal to acquire shares in Blue Dart Aviation Limited and hike shareholding to 74% from 49%. This would entail investment between ? 52.8 crore to ? 69 crore.
Union Cabinet Cleared Programme of Launching PSLV Flights
- Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, gave approval on May 21, 2015 for continuation of the workhorse Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) programme for another 15 flights of PSLV-C36 to PSLV-C50.
- The PSLV continuation programme will enable the launch of satellites required for earth observation, navigation and space sciences along with the possibility of clinching commercial launch service contracts.
- The total fund requirement has been pegged at ? 3090 crore and includes the cost of 15 PSLVs, programme elements, programme management and ‘launch campaign’ and all the 15 operational flights would be completed during the period 2017-2020.
- The PSLV operational flights were first sanctioned in 2008. They are being utilised to meet the satellite launch requirements. The operationalisation of PSLV has made the country self-reliant in the launching capability of satellites for earth observation, disaster management, navigation and space sciences.
Also Read: General Knowledge Question Paper
Nod to Revival of the Sindri Unit of the FCIL
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, gave its approval for the revival of closed urea unit of Fertilizer Corporation India Limited (FCIL) at Sindri, Jharkhand on May 21, 2015 with an investment of ? 6000 crore.
- This unit was lying defunct and was not in operation since 2002. There is also no functional urea unit in the Eastern part of the country except two small units at Namrup, Asom.
- To enhance the production of urea indigenously, government has earlier approved the revival of Talcher, Odisha & Ramagundam, Telangana units of FCIL by PSUs through ‘nomination route’ and Barauni unit of Hindustan Fertilizer Corporation Limited (HFCL) & Gorakhpur unit of FCIL through ‘Bidding route’.
Union Government Relaxed FDI Norms for NRIs, PIOs, OCIs
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA), chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, had approved amendments on May 21, 2015 regarding non-repatriable investments by NRIs, OCIs and PIOs under Schedule 4 of FEMA regulations will be treated as domestic investments and will not be subject to Foreign Dire’ct Investment (FDI) caps.
- The amendments aiming to attract overseas funds also included changes in definition of NRIs, to be incorporated in the FDI policy. The government had earlier raised the FDI limit in sectors such as defence, insurance, real estate, railways and medical devices.
- Facility of investment on non-repatriable basis was introduced primarily with the intention of providing NRIs an investment option for utilisation of their domestic resources, which were not freely repatriable.
Golden Jubilee Celebrations of India’s Historic Climb of Mount Everest Inaugurated
- Pranab Mukherjee, the President of India, inaugurated the Golden Jubilee Celebrations of India’s First Historic Climb of Mount Everest in 1965 at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan on May 20, 2015.
- This function was organised by the Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF) to celebrate the historic climb of Mt. Evereset in 1965 by an Indian team led by Lieutenant Commander Mohan Singh Kohli.
- Indian team of 21 mountainers led by Lieutenant Commander Mohan Singh Kohli of Indian Navy had successfully climbed world’s highest peak Mt. Everest (8848 m) on May 20, 1965 after a series of three unsuccessful attempts in five years.
Click Here to Register For Private Jobs in India Alert directly in Your Inbox.
Visit Current-affairs.org for Latest Private Jobs and Current Affair and previous year question papers Updates.