HOCKEY Current Affairs
Asian Champions Trophy 2016
- India prevailed 3-2 over Pakistan to reclaim the Asian Champions Trophy hockey title on October 31, 2016.
- This was the first time the teams were meeting in the final of a continental tournament since India dethroned Pakistan as the Asian Games champions in Incheon, South Korea in 2014. India had won the inaugural edition of the Asian Champions Trophy, defeating Pakistan in 2011.
- The Asian Hockey Champions Trophy is an event held annually by the Asian Hockey Federation (since 2011). It features the Asian Games top six field hockey teams competing in a round robin format.
See Also – SSC Question Papers.
FI RACE Current Affairs
Mexican Grand Prix 2016
- This year’s Formula One world championship won by Lewis Hamilton in the Mexican Grand Prix on November 1, 2016.
- He is a British Formula One racing driver from England, currently racing for the Mercedes AMG Petronas team. He is the 2008, 2014 and 2015 Formula One World Champion.
United States Grand Prix 2016
- Lewis Hamilton assured comfortable victory in the United States Grand Prix after defeating Nico Rosberg on October 23, 2016.
- The world champion has now won 50 races in his career, with only Alain Prost (51) and Michael Schumacher (91) having won more than that number in the history of the sport.