‘National Career Service Portal’ Launched
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the National Career Counselling Portal on July 20, 2015 at the 46th session of Indian Labour Conference as part of an endeavour to modernize all government-run employment exchanges. It is government’s focus on skill and employment generation and aim to create a direct market place for workers and employers.
- All Central government ministries and. departments and State-run enterprises will be persuaded to post their job vacancies through it. The skill development and entrepreneurship ministry and the ministry of small and medium enterprises will be key partners of this initiative.
- The centralized portal, will be supported by a web of interconnected Career Centers where prospective candidates can come for counselling free of cost from government certified counselors and psychologists.
NPPA brought 39 more Drugs under Price Control
- National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) of India has brought 39 more drugs used to treat various diseases such as diabetes and digestive disorders under price control on July 16, 2015 as part of its efforts to make medicines affordable in the country.
- The prices of forrnlilations including Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Cefotaxime, Paracetamol, Domperidone and Metformin plus Glimepiride have been fixed. This will impact various pharmaceutical Companies, including Cadila Healthcare, Lupin, IPCA Laboratories, Abbott Laboratories and GlaxoSmithKline.
PGS-India, Soil Health Card and FQCS Web Portals Launched
- Radha Mohan Singh, Union Agriculture Minister launched 3 web portals viz. Soil Health Card portal, Fertilizer Quality Control System portal and Participatory Guarantee System-India portal on July 15, 2015.
- Under the scheme, Soil Health Card portal has been developed for registration of soil samples, recording test results of soil samples and generation of Soil Health Card (SHC) along with Fertilizer Recommendations.
- Fertilizer Quality Control System (FQCS) is a web-based and configurable workflow application developed by NIC for processing of sample collection, . testing and generation of analysis reports.
- Participatory Guarantee System is a process of certifying’ organic products which ensures agriculture production process in accordance with the standards laid down for organic products and that desired quality has been maintained.
CCEA Approved Creation of Intra-State Transmission System in 7 States
- The Cabinet Commirree on Economic Affairs (CCEA), chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved the creation of an intra-State transmission system in the States of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Rajasthan on July 16, 2015.
- This approval comes at an estimated cost of Rs 8548.68 crore with government of India contribution from National Clean Energy Fund (NCEF) of Rs 3419.47 crore (40% of the total estimated cost of project). The project is proposed to be completed within a period of three to five years.
- The activities envisaged under the project includes establishment of 48 new Grid sub-stations of different voltage levels with total transformation capacity around 17100 MV A (Mega Volt Ampere) by installing over 7800 ckt km (circuit kilometre) of transmission lines in these seven States.
Union Cabinet gave Nod to Composite Foreign Investment Cap
- The Central government introduced a composite foreign investment cap by clubbing all forms of overseas investments i.e., all Fils, NRIs and other foreign investments to define sectoral limits on July 16, 2015.
- The proposal mooted by the Commerce and Industry Ministry would help remove ambiguity on application of sectoral caps, conditions and approval requirements in different sectors and simplify the foreign investment policy.
- The Ministry has proposed a composite Foreign Investment Cap in sectors including agriculture, tea, mining, broadcasting, media, airports, retail, e-commerce, asset reconstruction companies, banking, commodity exchanges and insurance.
We hope you like National Current Affairs August 2015 Part 3 2015, give your feedback in comments.