India Signed $ 250 Million Loan Pact with World Bank
- The government of India, Andhra Pradesh and the World Bank signed a pact for $ 250 million financial assistance regarding Andhra Pradesh Disaster Restoration Project on July 16, 2015. The loan pact will assist the State in enriching its capacity to react promptly and efficiently within times of disaster.
- Objective of the project is to reestablish, enhance and enrich strength of public services, environmental amenities, as well as livelihoods within aimed communities connected with Andhra Pradesh.
- The beneficiaries consist of communities of the damaged coastal regions, especially four seriously affected districts of Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam and East Godavari. These regions have an estimated population of 13.3 million.
India Looked to Improve Defence Ties with Myanmar
- Sushma Swaraj, External Affairs Minister of India and U Wunna Maung Lwin, Foreign Minister of Myanmar, met during a Joint Consultative Commission (JCC) meeting held in New Delhi on July 16, 2015.
- Both the countries reiterated the assurance that territories of either country would not be allowed to be used for activities inimical to the other. Both the Ministers confirmed there was considerable potential for greater trade and urged the business community to capitalise on this potential.
- The two Ministers emphasised the need for closer cooperation to further energy security and agreed to encourage investment by Indian companies in the petroleum industry. Besides there are cooperation in the field of IT, in dealing with emerging security challenges, and military to military cooperation including in training.
Read Also – India & World Current Affairs October 2015.
India-Georgia Inked an MoU on Electoral Cooperation
- India and Georgia signed a Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) at New Delhi on July 13, 2015 for cooperation in the field of election management and administration.
- The major aim of MoU are promotion of exchanges of knowledge and experience in electoral processes; exchange of information, materials, expertise and training of personnel; production and distribution of materials pertaining to electoral systems, voting technology, voters’ education and awareness, and participation of women and minorities in electoral process.
- The Election Commission of India has so far signed twenty MoUs with election management bodies and international organisations across the world. Some of the MoUs signed recently are with the Kyrgyzstan Republic, Yemen, Mauritius, Egypt, Venezuela and Republic of Korea.
India-Turkmenistan Signed 7 Pacts
- In his maiden visit to the republic of Turkmenistan as part of his official visit to 5 Central Asian countries and Russia, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on July 11, 2015 said that connectivity is a key aspect of the relationship between India and the Central Asian nation.
- The two countries signed seven pacts and vowed to jointly combat terrorism in the region. They decided to intensify efforts in dealing with threats of terrorism, organised crime and illegal drug-trafficking.
- A joint statement termed as the TAPI project a ‘key pillar’ of economic engagement between India and Turkmenistan was signed.
- An MoU was signed on supply of Chemical Products between the India’s ‘Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers Limited’ and the Turkmenistan’s Turkmenhimiya’.
- An MoU on Foreign Service Institutes of both nations was signed between Foreign Service Institute of the Ministry of External Affairs of India and Institute of International Relations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan.
- An agreement was signed on Cooperation in the field of Sports between Union Ministry of Youth Affairs And Sports of India and State Committee for Sport of Turkmenistan.
- A Programme of Cooperation was signed between both governments for the period of two years viz. 2015-2017 in Science And Technology.
- An MoU on Cooperation in Yoga and Traditional Medicine \ signed between respective entities of both governments.
- An MoU on Cooperation in the Field of Tourism was signec between respective entities of both governments.
- Arragreement in the field of Defence was signed between respective entities of both governments.
We hope you like India and World Current Affairs August 2015 Part 2 2015, give your feedback in comments and keep visiting Current Affairs.