Gramin Dak Sevak Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2021
You must be aware of the GDS or Gramin Dak Sevak Post or Indian Post Office across India. This service is one of the popular government jobs and more than thousands candidates applying for the job every year. The popularity of the post is because it is under the Government of India and a part of the Ministry of Communications. Getting government jobs are demanding and vital these days. People are trying hard and taking various preparations for government jobs. This post will give you the idea about Gramin Dak Sevak Syllabus & exam pattern.
Gramin Dak Sevak Question Papers for previous years are available on various websites where you’ll find the pattern of those past exams. Although the design sometimes gets changed, we will provide you with some helpful information about the upcoming GDS examination here in this article.
Indian Post GDS Syllabus 2021
Below, we will explain the Gramin dak Sevak syllabus so that you could understand each section-wise manner. The candidate needs to understand each section clearly to prepare for this GDS examination.
- General Knowledge : Under this section, you need to have agricultural-based knowledge, computer knowledge, business, the state culture of Uttar Pradesh, Basic Human Behavior, National Movements, Indian Politics, Banking, Current Affairs, Commerce, Geography of the World, various social matters, and more under general knowledge.
- Reasoning & Analytical Ability : This could be tough for a few but interesting as well. Let’s list some few in this section- Decision making, similarities & Differences, Judgements, Observation, Coding & Decoding, visual memory, Analogies, Syllogistic Reasoning, mathematics, problem-solving, discrimination, relationship concept, and more.
- Mathematics : This section includes Trigonometric functions, mathematical induction, logarithm, statistics, matrices and derivatives, exponential and logarithmic series, complex numbers, solutions of Triangles.
- Numerical Ability : The topics you have to cover are Profit & Loss, Fractions, Decimals, Percentage, Time & Work, Ratio & Proportion, Discount, Time & Distance.
- General English : Candidate must prepare for the general English as Tenses, Verbs, Conjunctions, Unseen passages, Vocabulary, articles, prepositions, phrases, proverbs, sentence structures, Synonyms & Antonyms.
Eligibility & Criteria for GDS
If we talk about vacancies, there are several vacant positions in various states all over the country. If you are eligible, then you can apply for the post through an online form submission. Later, you have to clear the written examination you need to know about the Gramin dak Sevak exam syllabus. The responsibility for handling the postal department is of Indian Post Dak Sevak itself.
Eligibility & Education Qualifications:
- Passing marks in English & Maths for 10th Pass: Candidate must have the 10th pass certification with passing marks in English and Mathematics of Secondary School Examination from a recognized Board.
- Local Language Knowledge: Candidate must have studied their local language as a compulsory subject up to the 10th standard.
- Cycling Skills: Proper Cycling skills is compulsory for the candidates. Also, if they know to ride motorcycles or scooters will also be considered to be eligible.
- Basic Computer knowledge: The candidate must have proper certification of Basic Computer Training. Relevant training from any computer training institute for at least 60 days is needed.
- Age Limit: For the job of GDS, candidates must be between 18 years to 40 years. The minimum age limit is 18 years, and the maximum is 40 years.
Understanding the Gramin Dak Sevak Exam Pattern will help the candidate understand the GDS exam structure that is one step forward towards succeeding in it. You can choose the examination language accordingly, either in English or in the respective regional languages.
You can also check: Indian Postman Exam Question Papers
I hope you’ll find this article helpful and have got enough information regarding the India post Dak Sevak syllabus, exams, and other criteria through this article. No doubt, this is a government-authorized job with a good salary, security, and more. You can prepare for the written examination accordingly, as mentioned above.
Visit Current-Affairs.Org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and many others, Study content and more.