If you are looking for NCERT solutions for class 8 English grammar Chapter 1 How The Camel Got His Hump then you have landed at the right place. This post will explain all about the NCERT solutions for class 8 English grammar Chapter 1 solution and this post provides the solutions of each and every question with related images. We hope this Chapter 1 solution will help you in the preparation for your exam.
COMPREHENSION CHECK (Page 3)
1.What tasks, do you think, were assigned to the dog and the ox ?
2. Why did the camel live in the middle of the desert ?
3. What made the dog, the horse and the ox very angry ?
4. How did the Djinn know the horse was complaining against the camel ?
1. The dog was assigned the task of fetching and carrying things. The ox was given the task of ploughing fields.
2. Camel lived in the middle of the desert because he did not want to work. He ate the sticks and thorns provided by the desert.
3. The dog, the horse and the ox were very angry. The man had asked them to work double¬time. It was to compensate for the camel who didn’t work.
4. The Djinn was the master of all the deserts. He knew about all desert animals. The horse had spoken of long legs so the Djinn knew he was talking of the camel.
COMPREHENSION CHECK (Page 5)
1. The camel was looking at his own reflection in the pool. What does it suggest to you about the camel ?
2. The camel said “Humph” repeatedly. How did it affect him ?
3. What, according to the Djinn, was the use of the “humph” ?
4. “……… he has never yet learnt to behave”. In the light of this, what is the writer’s opinion about the camel ?
1. It suggests that the camel loved his own image. He considered himself charming.
2. The ‘humph’ ultimately became his ‘hump’.
3. According to the Djinn, the hump had a purpose. It was full of food material. With its help, the camel could survive without food for three days.
4. In the opinion of the writer, the camel is still a very arrogant animal.
EXERCISE (Page 6)
Discuss the following topics in groups.
Can this story be factually true ?
No. This story cannot be factually true.
What, according to you, is the story about ?
Consider the following :
(i) How the world began.
(ii) Why everyone should do his/her share of work seriously.
(iii) How animals are important to humans.
(iv) How the camel got his hump.
The story is about (iv) : How the camel got his hump.
What did you do over the weekend ? Were you generally active or idle ? Were you generally active or idle ? Please check your back before starting to discuss or answer the question.
Over the weekend I was busy in preparing a project for science. I was generally f active in arranging the required things for it.
There are broadly two categories of workers – those who prefer to do today what they can do tomorrow, and those who prefer to do tomorrow what they can do today. Where do you belong ?
I belong to the first category. I prefer to do today what I can do tomorrow.
If you have any questions regarding NCERT solutions for class 8 English grammar Chapter 1 How The Camel Got His Hump then feel free to drop a comment and we will try to provide the solution at the earliest.