Government Declared NSCN (K) as Terrorist Organisation
- The Union government has declared on November 16, 2015 that the National Socialist Council of Nagaland (Khaplang), NSCN (K). all Us formations and front organisations as a terrorist organisation under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967.
- A Gazette Notification issued on November 6, 2015 mentions that the NSCN (K), a militant outfit, came into existence in 1988 and is active along the Indo-Myanmar border.
- NSCN (K) has resorted to terrorism by killing innocent civilians and security forces and engaged in other violent activities including the June 4, 2015 attack on the Army convoy in Chandel district of Manipur.
The AMRUT Action Plans for 81 Cities Approved
- The Union government on November 16. 2015 has been approved Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) Action Plans for 81 cities, with total project outlay of X 5748 crore.
- As many as 81 cities in Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Odisha and Mizoram will invest X 5748 crore to enhance basic infrastructure including water supply and sewerage connections under AMRUT action plans for the year 2015-16.
- An inter-ministerial Apex Committee headed by Madhusudan Prasad, Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development has approved State Annual Action Plans(SAAP) of these five states which account for 81 mission cities.
India’s First AMRIT Outlet Launched at AIIMS
- Union Health Minister JP Nadda launched India’s first Affordable Medicines and Reliable Implants for Treatment (AMRJT) programme at New Delhi on November 15, 2015.
- The programme is aimed at lowering treatment cost of cancer and cardio-vascular diseases.
- 202 drugs of cancer and cardio-vascular diseases have identified where the price is going to be reduced on an average by 60% to 90%.
- Under the programme, 148 cardiac implants will be given from the centre and sold here and their cost will he reduced by 50% to 60%.
- In this regard, the country’s first AMRIT outlet has been Inaugurated at the All India Institute ol Medical Sciences (AtIMS) where drugs will be sold at highly discounted rates.
- This is a pilot project started at AH MV After 15 days the programme reviewed and in future ti will replicate in all Central government hospitals.
North-East India’s First Elephant Hospital Established
- Sir Evelyn de Rothschild, who is founding patron of the UK-based charity Elephant Family, inaugurated North-East India’s first exclusive hospital for elephants on November 14, 2015 at the Kaziranga National Park in Asorn.
- The hospital was set-up at Mark Shand Memorial Learning Centre situated at Kaziranga National Park, ft is located in the Golaghat and Nagaon districts of Asom and is circumscribed by the Brahmaputra River.
- Kaziranga National Park was designated with National Park status in 1968 and was declared UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1985.
Governing Council Constituted to Oversee the Activities of the NIIF
- The Union government has approved the creation of National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) on November 13, 2015 which aims to attract investment from both domestic and international sources.
- A contributory and determinate investment trust called National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (the Fund or the Trust) under the provisions of the Indian Trusts Act, 1882 has been registered. Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, is the Settler of the Trust.
ZCC along with ‘PRASAD’ and ‘Swadesh Darshan’ Launched
- Zonal Cultural Centre (ZCC) along with PRASAD and Swadesh Darshan scheme of Union Ministry of Tourism launched in the second week of November, 2015 to achieve 1% share of international tourist arrivals by 2016-17 from the present 0.68%.
- In pursuance of the budget announcement 2014-15, National Mission on Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Augmentation Drive (PRASAD) and ‘Swadesh Darshan’ are to be implemented in mission mode.
- Under PRASAD, initially, twelve cities namely Amritsar, Ajmer, Amaravati, Dwaraka, Gaya, Kanchipuram, Kedarnath, Kamakhya, Mathura, Puri, Varanasi and Vellankani have been identified for development.
Army Cloud, Data Centre & Digi-Locker Launched
- The Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar inaugurated the Central Data Centre, Army Cloud and Digi-Locker for the Indian Army on November 9, 2015, This can be of great use for faster documentation, information and speedy delivery of services.
- The facility under the Army Cloud includes a Disaster Recovery site for replication of its critical data along with virtualised servers and storage in an environmentally con (rolled complex This is similar to the Meghraj; the cloud of National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- The Army cloud will provide all Information Technology Infrastructure including servers for computing, storage, network and network security equipment centrally, for automation of Indian Army.
Read More>> International Current Affairs December 2015 (Part 3).
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more.
We hope you like National Current Affairs December 2015 (Part 4), give your feedback in comments.