25th Sultan Azlan Shah Cup 2016
- Australia won the 25th Sultan Azlan Shah Cup hockey tournament by defeating India by 4-0 goals in the final played on April 16, 2016.
- This was Australia’s ninth title win. Earlier, Australia won the Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey Tournament in 1983, 1996, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2011, 2013 and 2014.
- India last won the tournament in 2010, their fifth title, when they were jointly declared winners with South Korea. In 2012 and 2015, they were the bronze medalists.
US Masters 2016
- Danny Willett, a golfer from England, won the 80th edition of the Masters Tournament held in Georgia on April 11, 2016.
- He made a score of 283 and three strokes ahead of runners-up Lee Westwood (UK) and the defending champion Jordan Spieth (USA).
- With this win he became the first European golfer to win the Masters since 1999 and the first from England since Nick Faldo’s similar win in 1996.
WLBS World Snooker Championship 2016
- England’s world number one Mark Selby beat China’s Ding Junhui by 18-14 to win World Snooker title. With this, he clinches Championship for the second time.
- He became only the sixth multiple world champion in Crucible history, joining Stephen Hendry (7), Steve Davis (6), O’Sullivan (5), John Higgins (4) and Mark Williams (2).
- India’s duo Chitra Magimairaj and Varshaa Sanjeev won the seniors and under-21 gold medals respectively at the WLBS World snooker championship in Leeds on April 7, 2016.
- Veteran Chitra defeated Sandra Bryan, Dannie Findlay and Michelle Brown before prevailing over Sharon Kaur 3-0 in the final.
- Varshaa on the other hand overcame Claire Edgington and Yan Shut before putting it across Jeong Min Park 3-0 in the final.
Asian Nations Cup 2016
- Indian men won the 2016 Asian Nations Cup tournament on April 6, 2016 by defeating the Vietnam. The final round, was played in Abu Dhabi. In final round SP Sethuraman and K.’ Sasikaran won on the 2nd and 4th boards while, B. Adhiban and Videt Santosh Gujrathi drew their matches on top and 3rd boards.
- Earlier, Indian men won in Esfahan (Iran) in 2005 and Kolkata in 2009. With this win, this became the 3rd victory of India. In women’s sections, China won the title and Indian women finished at 4th position.
Archery World Cup
- Indian women’s Archery team won silver after losing to Chinese Taipei seed in the title clash in the Archery World Cup in Shanghai, China on May 1, 2016.
- Third seeded Indian men’s recurve team of Atanu Das, JayantaTalukdar and Mangal Singh Champia hammered 9th seed British team to bag the bronze.
- The mixed pair of Deepika -and Atanufrom India getting fancied Koreans in shoot-off to end with another bronze.
Virat Kohli/Ajinkya Rahane
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) nominated Virat Kohli for Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award while Ajinkya Rahane was nominated for the Arjuna Award on May 3, 2016.
- The prestigious Khel Ratna award carries a cash price of Rs 7.5 lakh in addition to a citation, while the Arjuna awardee receives a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh and a citation.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.