New Policy for Ads in Print Media Framed
- The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting framed a New Print Media Advertisement Policy for Directorate of Advertising & Visual Publicity (DAVP) with the objective to promote transparency and accountability in issuing of advertisements in print media on June 10, 2016.
- For the first time, the policy introduces a New Marking System for newspapers to incentivise newspapers who have better professional standing and get their circulation.
- The policy framework includes circulation verification Procedure for empanelment of Newspapers/ Journals with the DAVP. The policy also stipulates the empanelment procedure for Multi-Editions of a newspaper.
- The DAVP is the nodal agency of the government of India for advertising on behalf of various Ministries/Departments/ PSUs/Autonomous organisations which are funded by the government.
Country’s First ‘National Disaster Management Plan’ Released
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the National Disaster Management Plan (NDMP) on June 1, 2016 which aims to make India disaster resilient and reduces loss of lives.
- The plan is based on the four priority themes of the ‘Sendai Framework’, namely understanding disaster risk, improving disaster risk governance, investing in disaster risk reduction (through structural and non-structural measures) and disaster preparedness, early warning and building back belter in the aftermath of a disaster.
- The plan covers all phases of disaster management—Prevention, Mitigation, Response and Recovery. It provides for horizontal and vertical integration among all the agencies and departments of the government.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.