Nagaland Launched launched women helpline-181
- Nagaland Governor PB Acharya launched women helpline-181 in the premises of District Hospital Dimapur in Nagaland and also inaugurated Sakhi, a one stop Centre, intended to support women affected by violence both in private and public spaces under one roof on June 28, 2016.
- Sakhi-One Stop Centre is a centrally sponsored scheme by the Ministry of Women and Child Development to be funded through Nirbhaya Fund.
- The objectives of the One Stop Centers are to provide integrated support and assistance to women affected by violence, both in private and public spaces under one roof and to facilitate immediate, emergency and non-emergency access to a range of services including medical, legal, psychological and counseling support to fight against any form of violence against women.
Majuli became India’s First River Island District
- The erosion-troubled Majuli, now a sub-division of Jorhai district, will become the 34th district of Assam on June 22, 2016.
- Majuli Is a large river island in the Brahmaputra River, Assam, India. The island had a total area of 1250 sq km but having lost significantly to erosion it had an Area of only 352 sq km in 2014.
- The island Is formed by the Brahmaputra river in the South and the Kherkutia Xuti, an anabranch of I the Brahmaputra, joined by the Subansiri River in the North.
Odisha Government Launched Kalinga Siksha Sathi Yojana
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on June 27, JO 16 launched a new scheme Kalinga Siksha Sathi Yojana (KSSY) with an aim to provide education loan at 1% interest to students for pursuing higher studies.
- The State government will meet the fund requirement of about 500 crore from its own resources.
- This will also financially empower the poor students to pursue their aspiration in higher education.
Maharashtra Government Provided Minority Status to Jewish Community
- The Maharashtra Cabinet approved the decision to grant minority status to the Jews on June 21, 2016. The decision is based on the Maharashtra State Minorities Commission Act, 2004, which empowers the government to declare a community minority.
- According to the application made by the Indian Jewish Federation to the government, the Jewish population in the State stood at 2000-2250.
- It will now get benefits of merit-cum-means scholarship, pre-matric scholarship, post-matric scholarship, coaching and allied schemes and multi-sectoral development programme that the government runs for minorities.
- Educational institutes run by Jews will now be eligible to attain the benefit of minority status including reserving seats for members of their own community.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.