Bihar Chief Minister Launched Public Grievance Redressal Act
- Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on June 5, 2016 launched Bihar Right to Public Grievance Redressal Act, 2015 on the occasion of JP’s ‘Sampoorna Kranti Diwas’.
- The Act empowered people to get their grievances redressed. Now, no one can ignore them. Officcrs/staff will have to listen to them and redress their grievances.
- It has strict laws for non compliance; officers not adhering to laws could be dismissed or may face penalties from 500 to 5000.
Rajasthan Government Launched Mobile App on Air Quality Index
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje launched a mobile app RajVayu for sharing information about air quality index of Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur on the World Environment Day (June 5).
- The RajVayu app was designed by Rajasthan State Pollution Control Board (RSPCB) with the help of Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology of the Ministry of Earth Sciences and UNICEF Rajasthan.
- RajVayu will collect the data from sophisticated air quality monitoring equipment and weather sensors and it would share details about the air quality, such as levels of pollutants likes Particulate Matter, SOx, NOx. CO, Ozone particles with the city residents and tourists.
- Another app Drishti for monitoring of pollution levels in industrial regions was also-launched. It was designed by the RSPCB with the support from RajComp.
Vulture Reintroduction Programme Launched in Haryana
- The Union Minister of State for Environment, Forests and Climate Change, admired the vulture breeding and conservation programme of the State government in Pinjore (Chandigarh) on June 3, 2016.
- It is the Asia’s first Gyps Vulture Reintroduction Programme. The Himalayan Griffon is closely related to the critically endangered resident Gyps species of vultures but is not endangered.
- Most vultures have disappeared and the reason is Diclofenac, a pain killer drug given to cattle which cdn kill birds. Himalayan griffons do not breed in the first three years, and hence juvenile birds of the species do not remain in breeding grounds to avoid competition.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.