‘Suryamitra’ Mobile App Launched
- Piyush Goyal, Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal and New & Renewable Energy launched ‘Surya Mitra’ mobile App on June 7, 2016.
- GPS-based mobile app is developed by National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) which is an autonomous institution of Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE).
- This innovative mobile approach ml] enhance the employment of trained youth in solar PV technology because of quality servicing, maintenance and repairing professionals are now available to customers at the click of a button on their mobiles.
Union Government Launched URJA Mobile App for Digital India
- Power Minister Piyush Goyal has released Urban Jyoti Abhiyaan (URJA) Mobile App to connect the citizens and DISCOMs of India with the Power Ministry on June 17, 2016.
- The app, developed by Power Finance Corporation on behalf of Ministry of Power for Urban Power Distribution Sector.
- The app allovvs users to get information of performance of their town, DISCOMs and State*level on different parameters including their ranking, pending consumer complaints, average power cuts, and percentage of consumers making e-Payments, as well as power loss or theft.
- The app also gives information on schemes and initiatives that are being undertaken by the government of India to improve the power supply.
TRAI Launched Mobile App to Solve the Problem of Fake Call, SMS Complaints
- The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) launched a mobile application for telecom subscribers to register their complaints against trouble causing calls and SMS in an easy way on June 1, 2016.
- The government have strict rules for checking promotional calls and SMS, but companies generally find ways to bypass them so issues regarding enforcement arise so now. This new mobile app.will help people in easily filing complaints and help in monitoring such activities.
- Earlier, subscribers had option of filing complaint by forwarding SMS to 1909 which they received from telemarketers and mention mobile number. The SMS option was not available for fake calls.
- As per rule, TRAI mandated all telecom operators to disconnect telephone numbers from which a fake call or SMS has originated on receipt of the first complaint.
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more. If you need any question paper or online quiz, drop your comment below.