USA Launched the World’s Biggest Rocket
- The Delta IV became the world’s most powerful rocket on June 13, 2016. It is 71.6 m tall; the rocket built by United Launch Alliance can deliver up to 28.4 tonnes of mass to low-Earth orbit.
- The rocket made one of its rare launches by delivering a spy satellite payload, NROL-37, for the National Reconnaissance Office into orbit.
Radio Map Unveiled Ammonia Gas in lupiter’s Atmosphere
- The astronomers produced the most detailed radio map yet of the atmosphere of Jupiter, unveiling massive movement of ammonia gas under the colourful bands, spots and whirling clouds on June 3, 2016.
- They used Very Large Ar ray to measure radio emissions from Jupiter’s atmosphere in wavelength bands where clouds are transparent.
- By studying these regions it will be helpful in determining how global circulation and cloud formation are driven by Jupiter’s powerful internal heat source.
China Successfully Launched Three Satellites
- China successfully launched a new civilian high-resolution mapping satellitealong with two other foreign satellites on May 30, 2016.
- The Ziyuan III 02 satellite took off on the back of a Long March 4B rocket from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Centre in northern Shanxi Province.
- The Ziyuan III 02 satellite will be used for land resource surveys, natural disaster prevention, agricultural development, water resource management and urban planning, among others applications.
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more. If you need any question paper or online quiz, drop your comment below.