- Former Speaker and Minister TS John passed away on June 9, 2016. Earlier, he served the Speaker of the Assembly during 1976-77 and Minister for Food and Civil Supplies in 1978.
- He became Minister in the succeeding Ministry led by PK Vasudevan Nair.
- After a 32-year battle with Parkinson’s disease, Muhammad Ali passed away on June 3, 2016.
- Ali started boxing when he was 12, winning ‘Golden Gloves’ titles before heading to the 1960 Olympics in Rome, where he won a gold medal as a light heavyweight. He Had 61 professional bouts, winning 56 (37 knockouts, 19 decisions), and losing five.
- He was three time world heavy weight champion. President George W. Bush honoured Ail with the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2005.
- An Indian social entrepreneur has been named among 10 Champions and Pioneers by UN Chief Ban ki-Moon under the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative that calls on companies to align with universal principles of human rights, environment and anti-corruption on June 23, 2016.
- Zubaida Bai, the founder of ‘ayzh’, a for-profit social venture providing health and livelihood solutions to impoverished women worldwide.
- It was named among the 10 ‘2016 Global Compact SDG Pioneers’, an initiative launched by UN to search for ‘entrepreneurs’ who can play a pivotal role. The UN Global Compact, the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative.
- Founder and Chairperson of Reliance Foundation Nita Ambani, nominated as a new member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), headquartered at Lausanne (Switzerland) on June 3, 2016.
- With this, the founder-chairperson of . Reliance Foundation became the third Indian and the first Indian woman ever to be nominated as an independent candidate.
- The International Olympic Committee is the apex organisation and it collaborates between all parties of the Olympic like the National Olympic Committees (NOCs), the International Sports Federations (IPs), eOrganlsing Committees lor the Olympic Games (OCOGs), to partners and United Nations agencies.