National Grand Crois
- President Pranab Mukherjee was awarded the highest civilian award of Ivory Coast, the ‘National Grand Crois’, on June 14, 2016.
- The award was conferred on him dnring his two days visit to the West African country.
- President Mukherjee underlined the need to reform global organisations. Both countries also signed Headquarters agreement for re-establishment of Exim bank i regional head quarters in the Ivory Coast.
- Cote D’lvbirie also known as Ivory Coast, a francophone country, is the biggest producer and exporter of cashew nuts to India which procures nearly 80% of their total exports of cashew nuts.
International Dublin Literary Award
- Alclill Shanna won International Dublin Literary Award for his novel ‘Family Life’ on June 10, 2016.
- It is an autobiographical novel that tells of how family moves from Delhi to New York, where the older brother has an accident that leaves him brain-damaged and in need of 24-hour care.
- The International DUBLIN Literary Award is an international literary award which is awarded each year for a novel written in English or translated into English. It aims to promote excellence in world literature and is solely sponsored by the City of Dublin, Ireland.
Order of Friendship Award
- The UN Secretary-General Ban ki-Moon honored with Russia’s Order of Friendship on June 8, 2016.
- The ‘Order of Friendship’ is a State decoration of the Russian Federation established by Presidential Decree on March 2, 1994 to reward foreign nationals whose work, deeds and efforts were aimed at the betterment of relations with the Russiaii Federation and its people.
- The badge of the Order of Friendship is made of gilded silver and enamels. It is a pentagonal star created from diverging golden rays.
- At the center the star is a terrestrial globe, with the oceans covered in blue enamel. The globe is surrounded by a green enamelled wreath of olive branches.