- Indian-origin professor, who is an IIT-Kharagpur alumnus. Lord Kumar Bhattacharyya awarded the Regius Professorship in Manufacturing by Queen Elizabeth II for his outstanding contribution in manufacturing.
- He founded Warwick Manufacturing Group (WMG) in 1980 to invigorate UK manufacturing. He has been granted the Regius Professorship for its academic research which has contributed to driving growth and improving productivity.
- The creation of Regius Professorships falls under the Royal Prerogative, with each appointment being approved by the Queen upon Ministerial advice honour, the Amir Amanullah Khan Award, on June 4, 2016.
- Amir Amanullah Khan Award is the highest civilian honour bestowed by Afghan government to Afghan national as well as foreigners in appreciation of their services.
- The Amir Amanullah Khan medal is highest civilian honor of Afghanistan. The award is named after the Afghan national Hero Amanullah Khan (Ghazi), who fought for the Afghanistan’s freedom. He was the ruler of the Emirate of Afghanistan from 1919-1929 who led Afghanistan to independence.
National Award for Excellence in Cost Management
- VO Chidambaranar Port (Thoothukudi) received the national award for ‘Excellence in Cost Management for the year 2015 on June 2,2016.
- The award was given for exemplary performance of VO Chidambaranar Port towards optimisation of manpower, savings in electricity, implementation of Solar Energy Systems, reduction of overall cost of handling by mechanisation and improvising efficiency and logistics support.
- The Institute of Cost Accountants of India, a statutory body under an Act of Parliament, presents awards for excellence in Cost Management to promote and recognise Cost Management practices in the Corporate Sector.