- Arrlerican ice hockey Olympic champion Angela Ruggiero was elected as the new Chair of the International Olympic Committee (IQC)’s Athletes’ Commission, replacing outgoing Chair Claudia Bokel. IOC President Thomas Bach on August 1, 2016.
- Angela Ruggiero is the current Vice-Chair of the Commission, which acts as the voice of the athletes within the IOC and the Olympic Movement, and is a former ice hockey player who has played more games for Team USA than any other man or woman.
- Reflecting the Olympic Agenda 2020 goal of placing the athletes at the heart of the Olympic Movement and strengthening the support to athletes, the Athletes’ Commission serves as a link between athletes and the IOC.
- Its goal is to ensure that the athletes’ viewpoint remains at the heart of the Olympic movement decisions.
- The United World Wrestling (UWW) cleared Narsingh’s path to the Rio 2016 Olympics on August 3, 2016. As he still awaited the nod from the World Anti-Doping Agency (wAdA).
- The WADA could appeal against a decision of Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel or Appeals Panel of any of its member countries to the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) within 21 days.
- If WADA appeals against the decision of the disciplinary panel, at the ad hoc division of the CAS, specifically constituted to render decisions quickly during the Olympics, Narsingh may have to wait some more days to know his fate regarding his participation in the Rio Games.
- Inderjeet Singh’s chances of making it to Rio, his ‘B’ sample athlete also been found, positive. This lessen his’chances to go to Rio and represent India.
- Earlier, the ‘A’ sample had returned positive for steroids androsterone and etiocholanolone but Inderjeet had claimed tampering of his sample.
- He is a Asian Games bronze medallist and multiple time national champion.
- Kendra Harrison, who already held the American record for the 100 m hurdles, made it a personal goal to break the 28-year-old world record of 12.21 seconds on July 22, 2016.
- She is an American hurdler. She represented the USA at the 2015 World Championships in Athletics and the 2016 IAAF World Indoor Championships.
- In 2015, she won NCAA championship titles both indoors and outdoors. She was runner-up in the 100 m hurdles at the 2015 USA Outdoor Championships at the 2016 Olympic Trials she placed sixth and missed qualifying for the Olympics.
- India’s test captain Virat Kohli scored his first double century as he guided India towards a big first innings score against the hosts West Indies on July 21, 2016.
- The latest record for the Indian skipper sees him go past Mohammad Azharuddin with the highest score by an Indian captain away from home. Azhar had previously scored 192 against New Zealand in Auckland in 1989-90 season.
- Kohli also made his Test debut in the Caribbean, in 2012 in Jamaica.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.