Badminton Current Affairs
Bahrain International Challenge
- Yoying Indian shuttler Pratul Joshi clinched his maiden international title by notching up a hard-fought win over Aditya Joshi in the finals of the $ 17500 Bahrain Interpational Challenge badminton tournament at Segayya.in Bahrain on November 2, 2016.
- He emerged as the winner after he prevailed over Aditya in the summit clash which lasted for an hour.
- Bahrain International Challenge is an open international badminton tournament in Bahrain established since 2013. This tournament presented by the Bahrain Badminton and Squash Federation.
- It is sanctioned by Badminton World Federation and Badminton Asia. This tournament has been a BWF International Challenge level, and a part of Bahrain International Badminton Festival. Another tournament on Bahrain Festival is Bahrain International.
Chinese Taipei Open 2016
- Sourabh Varma won the meits singles title at the Chinese Taipei Open and defeated Malaysia’s Daren Liew in the summit clash of the $ 55000 Grand Prix tournament in Taipei on October 16, 2016.
- The Chinese Taipei Open in badminton is an open international championships held in Taiwan since the 1970s, but they took place only in irregular periods. Since 1997 they are regularly held, except in 2001, due to the economic crisis in Asia.
- He won international titles in 2013 and 2014. Tata International Challenge 2013 held at Mumbai where he defeated Prannoy Kumar.
- Verma grabbed the next title at Iran Fajr International Challenge 2014 beating Alrie Guna Dharma and the 3rd title in the row was taken by becoming the champion at the Austrian International Challenge 2014.
Russian Open 2016 Current Affairs
- The 2016 Russia Open Grand Prix is the 15th Grand Prix Gold and Grand Prix tournament of the 2016 BWF Grand Prix Gold and Grand Prix. The tournament was held in Sports Hall Olympic, Vladivostok (Russia) from October 4 to 9, 2016.
- Ruthvika Shivani Gadde (India) won the women’s singles title after beating Evgeniya Kosetskaya in a 26-minute at the Russain Open badminton held in Vladivostok (Russia) on October 9, 2016. In the same event Indian pair N. Sikki Reddy and Pranaav Chopra defeated the Russian duo of Vladimir Ivanov and Valeria Sorokina to clinch the mixed doubles title.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.