FOOTBALL Current Affairs
U-17 Women’s World Cup 2016
- North Korea’s women’s U-17 team has been a powerhouse for nearly a decade and now they are U-17 World Cup champions for the second time on October 23, 2016.
- The North Koreans beat Japan in penalty kicks to win the 2016 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup capping an undefeated tournament.
- North Korea won the first ever U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2008, finished fourth in 2010 and were runners up in 2012 before failing to make the knockout stages two years ago.
KABADDI Current Affairs World Cup 2016
- India defeted Iran with a terrific exhibition of raiding in the Kabaddi World Cup 2016 on October 23, 2016.
- India looks the lead for the second time in the match and then proceeded to dominate and win 38-29.
- It was a third clash between India and Iran in a World Cup final — the previous two were held in 2004 and 2007 in Mumbai, and on both occasions, India triumphed.
Read Also – Bank IBPS Question Papers.
SHOOTING Current Affairs
World Railway Championship 2016
- First time Western Railways team won the 15th USIC- International Shooting World Championship with 10 medals (5 gold, 3 silver and 2 bronze) held at Saint Mandrier, France. The team won gold in 50 m rifle event, defeating Germany and France and Swapnil Kusale and Tejaswini Muley won gold and silver medal respectively.
- In air rifle Ayonika Paul won gold by defeating France and Norway while Suma Shirur won silver and Western Railwayswon Bronze. In air pistol, all three Indian shooters Jitendra Vibhute, Sumedh Devlaliwala and Vipin Rana won gold, silver and bronze respectively.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.