GOLF Current Affairs
Korea Open 2016
- Indian golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar fired an impressive 67 for a four-day total of 269 at the Bears Best Cheongna Golf Club, winning the 2016 million-won ($ 196000) cash prize on October 2, 2016. The five-time Asian Tour champion had set his sights on regaining his former glory after suffering a wrist injury in October, 2014 that required surgery.
- He is an Indian professional golfer who plays on the Asian Tour. He was awarded Arjuna Award in 2013. The Kolon Korea Open, as it is currently known for sponsorship reasons, is a men’s professional golf tournament that has been held annually in South Korea since 1958.
BOXING Current Affairs
WBC Asia Welterweight 2016
- Indian boxer Neeraj Goyat beated Australia’s Ben Kite to retain the WBC welterweight Asia title in New Delhi on October 16, 2016.
- He came into the contest with 7 wins in 11 fights, is now expected to break into the WBC world rankings, which will be a step towards getting him a shot at the wofld title.
WRESTLING Current Affairs
TAFISA World Games 2016
- Wrestler Dalmiya (60 kg) clinched gold as India bagged four medals at the just concluded sixth edition of the Tifsa World . Games on October 17, 2016.
- Among other grapplers, experienced Luv Singh defeated Muhammad Kashif of Iran 5-3 in the 80 kg category to advance and then made it to the finals by beating Belarus Jordan 8-6.
- Naveen Kumar defeated Oleg of Lithuania 5-2 to take the bronze medal in the 90 kg category. In the super heavyweight (90 kg) category, India’s Josil defeated Mustafa Sultani of Afghanistan 3-1 to settle for the bronze in the tournament. .
- The 6th TAFISA World Sport for All Games will be held under the patronage of UNESCO and IOC, acknowledging once again the important role that traditional sports and games play in shaping civilizations and cultures, national identities, and cross-boundaries unity.
Read Also – BANK IBPS Question Papers.
BASKETBALL Current Affairs
NBAD League Draft 2016
- Palpreet Singh, winner of National Finals of, ACG-NBA Jump, j India’s first national basketball talent search programme, was selected 11th in the fourth Round of the NBA D-League Draft held in New York on November 2, 2016.
- Palpreet Singh was discovered as part of an NBA talent search in India. There are more NBA talent searches planned in India and other countries as part of the league’s ongoing international initiatives. The NBA is devoted to identifying and developing talent abroad both on and off the floor.
- The NBA D-League’s 16th season tips off on November 11 with record 22 teams. The teams will hold training camps beginning on October 31, and will trim their rosters to 10 players on November 10, in advance of the start of the season.