- Star shuttler Saina Nehwal appointed as a member of the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) Athletes’ Commission on October 17, 2016.
- The Commission is chaired by Angela Ruggiero and comprises nine Vice-Presidents and 10 other members.
- Valvoline Cummins India signed-up Indian Test captain Virat Kohli as its Ambassador on October 15, 2016.
- He holds the same values that Valvoline Cummins stands for—excellence, high performance and consistent quality, values that make both Virat and Valvoline unstoppable.
- Valvoline has been unstoppable during its 150-year history, with an impressive track record of innovations.
Read Also – General Awareness Question Papers.
- Sprinter Srabani Nanda has bagged the 24th Ekalabya Award for the year 2016 in recognition of her sporting excellence. She received a cash award of Rs 5 lakh along with a citation.
- Earlier, she won gold in 200 m, silver in 100 m and 4×100 m relay in 12th South Asian Games held in Guwahati in February. She had also won bronze in 100 m and 4x 100 m relay in Asian Grand Prix Athletics in Thailand in June, 2015.
- Ekalavya Award, instituted by Indian Metals Public Charitable Trust (IMPaCT), is given every year to young sportspersons of Odisha in recognition of their outstanding performance in the preceding two years.
- Arjun Vajpai became the youngest in the world to scale the Mount Cho Oyu (approx 8188 m/26864 ft) on October 4, 2016.
- Vajpai reached the Cho Oyu summit along with Pasang Norbu Sherpa and Lakpa Sherpa before dawn.
- Cho Oyu is the sixth highest mountain peak in the world and is wedged between the China-Tibet border. It stands 20 km West of Mount Everest.
- With the Cho Oyu, He has successfully completed five of the 14 highest mountain peaks in the world above 8000 m, including Mt. Everest, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Lhotse and Mt. Manaslu.
Punjab won NCC National Games 2016
- Punjab Directorate became champions in the National Cadet Corp (NCC) National Games on October 30, 2016.
- The ‘Sarang Helicopter’ aerobatic team of Indian Air Force also performed at the event. The theme of the closing ceremony was ‘Vibrant India’.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.