Government Recognised Boxing Federation of India as National Sports Federation for Boxing
- The Union government recognised Boxing Federation of India (BFI) as the National Sports Federation (NSF) for Boxing on October 29, 2016.
- It will give a boost to the sport of boxing which suffered due to absence of an NSF in the discipline since 2012.
- BFI, which is a body formed recently, conducted its elections on September 25, 2016. AIBA, the International Body for boxing, recognised the newly elected office bearers of BFI.
- The Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports considered the election report and other documents submitted by BFI for grant of recognition as NSF for Boxing. After careful consideration, the government today decided to grant recognition to BFI as NSF for boxing.
- This will help Indian boxers prepare for 2020 Olympics with more national & ihterhational exposure, and training.
Read Also – English Question Papers.
Guwahati got FIFA Nod, became Fifth Indian City to Host U-17 World Cup
- Guwahati became the fifth Indian city to be ratified as a venue for;next year’s Under-17 football World Cup after a FIFA inspection team gave nod to the venue’s preparedness and facilities on October 26, 2016.
- The FIFA delegation along with members of the Local Organising Committee visited the site and had a comprehensive look at the stadium and the training facilities.
ICC Announced First-ever Women’s World T20 in 2020
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) decided to organise the first ever ICC Women’s World T20 event in 2020 on October 16, 2016.
- Cricket Australia, hosts for the men’s and women’s ICC World Twenty20 in 2020, proposed holding the women’s tournament as a stand-alone event six months ahead of the men’s edition.
- Women’s cricket is undoubtedly gaining in popularity around the globe and we felt that by separating the two events we could accelerate that growth.
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more. If you need any question paper or online quiz, drop your comment below.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.