Prime Minister Laid Foundation Stone for Airport in Goa
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Goa to lay foundation stone for two projects, namely Greenfield airport in North Goa and Tuem Electronic city on November 13, 2016.
- The Goa government has already signed a concessional agreement with Bengaluru based GMR Airports, a subsidiary of GMR Infrastructure to design, build, finance and operate the international airport for 40 years with the extension option for another 20 years.
- Goa has been witnessing unprecedented growth over the past 3-4 years and crossed the 5 million tourist mark last year, we believe that Goa harbours a significantly higher potential and having a dedicated 24 hour operational civil airport will unlock the latent tourism potential of the State.
Himachal Pradesh Approved ‘Mukhya j Mantri Shikshak Samman Yojana’
- Himachal Pradesh government approved ‘Mukhya Mantri Shikshak Samman Yojana’, providing for one year extension in service and cash incentive to teachers who would give 100% results consistently for five years on November 9, 2016,
- The scheme aimed at motivating the teachers to strive for giving better performance would be applicable to Trained Graduate Teachers (TGT), Post Graduate Teachers (PGT), headmasters and principals.
- The scheme also aims at helping and hand-holding entrepreneurs to select viable projects in the potential areas in manufacturing and service sectors and train them ! to set-up startups and subsequently manage and run their ! enterprises professionally.
First LNG Fuelled Bus in the Country Launched in Kerala
- For the first time in the country, an LNG fuelled bus launched by the Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Dharmendra Pradhan in the presence of Chief Minister of Kerala on November 8, 2016.
- It has been a joint effort of Petronet LNG Limited (PLL), Indian Oil Corporation Limited and Tata Motors Limited to introduce LNG as a fuel in commercial vehicles in the State capital.
- The LNG fueled bus is being launched as part of a plan of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas to use LNG directly for mass transportation and to reduce carbon emissions in the Country simultaneously generating savings.
Buddha Mahotsava Started in Arunachal Pradesh
- Buddha Mahotsava celebration in West Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh began with vibrant cultural display from Monpa, Sajolang (Miji) Aka, Sartang,
- Bugun and Sherdukpen tribes of the region here at Buddha Park, Bomdila on November 6, 2016.
- The festival commemorates the life and teachings of Lord Gautama Buddha. Dancers in traditional attire take the centre stage amidst chanting and drum beating and demonstrated various facets of Arunachal Pradesh’s dance and music.
NGT Granted Permission Cuttack Baliyatra Festival
- National Green Tribunal (NGT) gave its nod for the week-long annual Baliyatra festival on November 6, 2016.
- This festival is held in Odisha, in the city of Cuttack at Gadagadia Ghata of the Mahanadi river, to mark the day when ancient Sadhabas (Oriya mariners) would set sail to distant lands of Bali, as well as Java, Sumatra, Borneo (all in Indonesia), and Sri Lanka for trade and cultural expansion.
- Bali Jatra is also associated with Taapoi and rituals like Bhalukuni Osha or Khudurukuni Osha and Bada Osha.
- Taapoi is closely associated with the Bali Jatra festival, which recalls traditional memories of young maidens waiting for the return of their sailor brothers.
- To commemorate this, the festival is celebrated every year from the day of Kartika Puminta according to the Oriya Calendar.
Punjab Government Launched Health Awareness Campaign
- Punjab government launched the State government’s programme of ‘Aware and Care’ by flagging-off 100 Information Education Communication (IEC) mobile vans on November 4, 2016.
- The basic objective of rolling out these vans was to apprise people about rise diseases like cancer, hepatitis-C, Cervical cancer and the preventive measures to be taken to cure the patients suffering from these diseases in the early stages.
- This programme would also aim at creating awareness amongst the people about the diseases like dengue, chicken guniya, malaria with the focus on sensitising them about personal hygiene and cleanliness of environment around them.
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more. If you need any question paper or online quiz, drop your comment below.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.