Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2016
- Nico Rosberg (Germany) won his first Formula 1 world title while Lewis Hamilton won the Abu Dhabi GP on November 28, 2016. Formula One is the highest class of single-seatauto racing that is sanctioned by the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA).
- The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is a Formula One motor race. It was announced in early 2007 at the Abu Dhabi FI Festival in the United Arab Emirates. The first race took place on November l, 2009, held at the Hermann Tilke designed Yas Marina Circuit.
Hong Kong Super Series 2016
- 12th Super Series tournament was held in Kowloon, Hong Kong from November 22 to 27, 2016.
- Indian professional badminton player PV Sindhu loses to Tai Tzu-ying from Taiwan in the final match of Super Series Women’s single title while in the same event India’s Sameer Verma loses to hailand’s Ng Ka Long in men’s single title event.
China Open Super Series Premier 2016
- India’s ace shuttler and Olympic silver medalist PV Sindhu has won the $ 700000 in 2016 China Open Super Series title in women’s category. It was her maiden Super Series Premier title and first post 2016 Rio Olympics title.
- In the summit clash held in Fuzhao, Sindhu (World No.l 1) defeated China’s Sun Yu (World No.9). With this win, she also became the third non-Chinese woman to win the title.
- The China Open is badminton tournament that is annually held in China. In 2007, it became a part of the BWF Super Series tournaments in 2007.
Qatar Ladies Open 2016
- Indian teen golfer Aditi Ashok shot a final round of three-under 69, her second successive victory on the Ladies European Tour at the inaugural Qatar Ladies Open on November 27, 2016.
- Aditi made history be being the youngest and first Indian to win the Lalla Aicha Tour School and therefore secure her Ladies European Tour card for the 2016 season.
- Aditi is the first and the only Indian golfer who played the Asian Youth Games (2013), Youth Olympic Games (2014), Asian Games (2014) and Rio-Olympics (2016). Aditi won the 2016 Hero Women’s Indian Open with a score of 3-under-par 213, and in the process becamd the first Indian to win a Ladies European Tour title.
Youth World Championship 2016
- World Junior bronze-medallist Sachin Singh (49 kg) became only the third Indian boxer ever to strike gold at the AIBA Youth World Championships with a stunning unanimous victory over Cuban national champion Jorge Grinan in the summit clash at St Peterburg, Russia on November 25, 2016.
- India thus finished the tournament with one gold and a bronze, a marked improvement from the solitary bronze won in the 2014 edition. Naman Tanwar(91 kg) had -settled for a bronze after losing in the semi-final.
- Sachin joined Thokchom Nanao Singh and Vikas Krishan in the Indian youth world championships gold club. While, Nanao had finished on top in the 2008 edition in the now phased out 48 kg category, Vikas had brought home the welterweight gold in 2010.
World Championship 2016
- Magnus Carlsen (Norway) defeated Sergey Karjakin (Russia) to retain his World Chess Championship title on November 30, 2016. In November, 2013 Carlsen became World Champion by defeating Viswanathan AHand in the World Chess Championship 2013. Ori the May, 2014 FIDE rating list, Carlsen reached his peak rating of 2882, which is the highest in history.
- He successfully defended his title in November, 2014, once again defeating Anand. In 2014, Carlsen also won the World Rapid Championship and the World Blitz Championship, thus holding all three world championship titles.
South Asian Championship
- Tapan Bordoloi from Assam’s Jorhat district made the nation proud by bagging five gold medals and a silver at the recently concluded South Asian Aquatic Championship (SAAC) in Sri-Lanka on November 6, 2016.
- He started swimming at the age of nine and bagged his maiden medal (silver) in All Assam State Level Championship in 2012. The event brought together participants from six countries—India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
National Championship 2016
- Former World No.l Trap shooting champion Manayjit Singh Sandhu clinched the gold medal in men’s trap event at the 60th National Shooting Championship for Shotgun in Jaipur on November 19, 2016.
- Manavjit Singh Sandhu shot 117 in qualifying game and reached the six-man final rounds at fourth spot. He then shot 12 out of 15 birds in the semi-final stage and finally made it to finals where he clinched gold medal by defeating Raninder Singh, who was representing Odisha, with 14-13.
- Young Kynan Chenai of Telengana, bagged the bronze medal beating Adhiraj Singh Rathore of Rajasthan 14-12. Manavjit Singh an Indian sport shooter from Punjab specialised in trap shooting. He is a 4-time olympian as well as Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awardee in 2006 and Arjuna Awardee in 1998.
8th Sanda World Cup 2016
- India wushu team bagged an impressive five medals, including four silver and one bronze, in the eighth Sanda World Cup held at Xian, China from November 4 to 6, 2016.
- The event witnessed participation from 80 best Sanda players of 13th World Wushu Championship 2015. India were represented by five players.
- Aijuna Awardee and world silver medalist Y. Sanathoi Devi won the silver for India after losing in the final of 52 kg category against China’s Luan Zhang.
- The other silver medallist for India were Uchit Sharma who lost to Arnel Mandal of Philinpies in the 52 kg finals, Suraya Bhanu Pratap Singh (60 kg) and Monika (56 kg). Pooja Kadian (75 kg) secured the lone bronze medal.
Delhi Half Marathon 2016
- Kenya’s Olympic marathon champion Eliud Kipchoge has won the men’s race in Delhi Half Marathon on November 21, 2016.
- Ethiopia’s Worknesh Degefa won the women’s title. It was ninth edition of Delhi Half Marathon.
- Over 34 thousand participants from across the world had participated in it. 13 Rio Olympians took part in the elite race category.
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more. If you need any question paper or online quiz, drop your comment below.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.