14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) Held in Bengaluru
- The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention is being held in Bengaluru, India from January 7-9, 2017. For the first time in PBD, an Online B2B/B2G Meeting Platform for Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention 2017 has been made live.
- The objective of this web platform is to provide delegates with an interactive web application which enables them to pre-schedule appointments online with Registered Delegates, Exhibitors, Government Officials and Foreign Dignitaries.
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas has been held traditionally on January 9 ever year to commemorate the return of Mahatma Gandhi as a Pravasi from South Africa to India.
Union Government Launched IPR Enforcement Toolkit for Police and IPR Awareness Campaign for Children
- The Commerce & Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched an IPR Enforcement Toolkit for Police on January 4, 2016. The toolkit has been jointly prepared by Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM) and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- This toolkit will be a ready reckoner for police officials across the country in dealing with IP crimes, specifically Trade Marks (TM) counterfeiting and Copyrights (CR) piracy.
- In addition to details of offences under various laws, it provides for checklists for registering a complaint and conducting search and seizures.
- It also lays down general guidelines for search and seizure in case of IP crimes. This toolkit will be provided to all State police departments across the nation and will assist them in dealing with the cases relating to Trademarks and Copyrights infringements.
Election Commission Announced Dates for Assembly Polls in 5 States
- The Assembly elections in Assam, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Kerala will be held between April 4 and May 16, 2017. 824 Assembly constituencies going to polls in Tamil Nadu, Kerala, West Bengal, Assam and Puducherry. Model Code of Conduct comes into effect immediately.
- 170 million voters will take part in these elections— Assam (1.98 crore), Kerala.(2.56 crore), Tamil Nadu (5.80 crore), West Bengal (6.55 crore), Puducherry (9, 27,000).
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more. If you need any question paper or online quiz, drop your comment below.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.