- Abul Hossain won the Kolkata Marathon on January 28, 2017.
- He won the race with a timing of two hours 34 minutes and two seconds to leave Kolkata lad Biswanath Pal second, five minutes behind.
Read Also – Monthly Current Affairs
- MS Dhoni stepped down as the captain of GDI and T20 cricket on January 5, 2017. No other captain has led his team in more international matches (Tests, ODIs, 1201s) than Dhoni — 331. Ricky Ponting is second with 324.
- Under Dhoni’s leadership India have won the ICC T20 World Cup in 2007, the ICC ODI World Cup in 2011, and ICC Champions Trophy in 2013 and let the team into the semi-finals of the 2015 World Cup. He reached the top of the Test rankings in 2009.
- Former Australia cricketer Arthur Morris was inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame by ex-skipper Steve Waugh during the opening day of the third Test between Australia and Pakistan on January .4, 2017.
- He became the 82nd player to be inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame, was given the honour posthumously. Sunil Gavaskar* Bishan Bedi, Kapil Dev and Anil Kumble are the Indians in the elite list.
- China’s table tennis Grand Slam champion Li Xiaoxia announced her retirement capping an illustrious career that includes gold medal in each of the World Cup, World Championships, and Olympics on January 3,2017.
- She helped China win the team gold medal at the Rio Olympic Games in 2016 when she also finished the runner-up in the singles event.
- She is the eighth table tennis Grand Slam winner in history with singles crowns from the 2008 World Cup, 2012 London Olympics and 2013 world championships. She also has multiple doubles and teams world titles to Her name.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.