T20 World Cup for Blind
- Defending champions India defeated Pakistan by 9 wickeds in the final of the T20 World Cup for Blind to lift their second straight title on February 11, 2017.
- For his outstanding innings, Jayaramaiah was adjudged as ‘Man of the Match’ while Munir waS given the ‘Man of the Series’ award for his 570 runs in the tournament.
Asian Junior Championship 2017
- India defeated Malaysia 2-0 to win the gold medal’in the boy’s team event at the Asian Junior Squash championship on February 2, 2017.
- India won the title for the second time, the earlier being in 2011 when they defeated arch-rivals Pakistan in Colombo.
- The Asian Junior Squash Individual Championships are the event which serves as the individual Asian junior championship for squash players organised by the Asian Squash Federation.
29th National Snooker Championship
- Pankaj Advani won the Indian National Snooker Championship with a 6-0 win over Panduxangaiah of Railways in a one-sided final on February 2,2017.
- In recognition of his achievements, the government of India has bestowed several awards upon Advani—Atjuna Award (2004), Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna (2006), and Padma Shri (2009).
- He has achieved a hat-trick of hat-tricks in English billiards, holding the World, Asian, and Indian National Championship titles simultaneously, in three different years—2005, 2008 and 2012. He became a snooker professional only in 2012, and his first season on the main tour was the 2012-13 season.
Asian Para-Road Championship
- India made a rousing start at the sixth Asian Para-Road Cycling Championship, bagging all three medals in the 12.8 km Individual Time Trial on February 24, 2017.
- Abhishek from Chandigarh won the gold medal, DMj Shah from West Bengal won silver and Harindcr Singh from BSF bagged the bronze medal.
- Nine members of Indian Para Cycling team are participating in the event under the aegis of Cycling Federation of India. They were trained and sponsored by Aditya Mehta Foundation, Hyderabad.
Read Also – Monthly Current Affairs
New Zealand Grand Prix
- Young Indian racer Jehan Daruvala tasted his first major success of 2017 when he won the New Zealand Grand Prix on February 13, 2017.
- In 2015, Daruvala stepped-up to single-seaters with Fortec Motorsport in the Formula Renault 2.0 championships. He claimed fifth place in the-Northem European Cup and partook as a guest driver in the Eurocup and Alps series.
- The Formula Renault 2.0 NEC, as it is known in its abbreviated form, is among the most competitive entry-level single-seater championships on the motor-racing ladder in which drivers race Formula One style open-cockpit cars fitted with slick tyres and wings.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.