Women’s Asian Sevens Trophy
- India won the silver medal at the women’s Asian Rugby Sevens Trophy having won five matches and lost one here on February 17, 2017.
- In the seven-nation round-robin competition, India defeated Laos 22-7, Philippines 12-5, Nepal 43-0 and Malaysia by 26-12. On the second day, India defeated Pakistan by 5-0 and in the last match were beaten by South Korea by 0-29.
- The Asian Seven Series is an annual series ofregional rugby sevens tournaments run by Asia Rugby featuring national , sevens teams. It has been held regularly since 2009.
Luis Norton de Matos
- The All India Football Federation.. (AIFF) appointed Portugal’s Luis Norton de Matos as the head coach of ; the India U-17 team for the FIFA U-17 | World Cup scheduled to be held in October this year on March I, 2017, „
- In 1978, Norton de Matos moved abroad and joined Standard Liege in Belgium, helping the team to the second position in the Belgian Pro League in his second seasonand adding the 1981 Belgian Cup.
- He returned home and signed with Portimonense SC, scoring a career-best 12 goals in the 1981-82 campaign as the Algarve dub finished in sixth position.
- Norton de Matos retired in June, 1987 at the age of 33 years’ .and six months, after spells with Belenenses (two seasons) and CF Estrela da Amadora (second level). He gained five caps for Portugal, all in 1982.
- Sarah Coyte, the South Australia ami Adelaide Strikers alinuimlcr, is seeking better balance in lite alter announcing her retirement from all forms of the game at the age of 25.
- Her decision arrived a year after she stepped down from international duty with the Southern Stars to combat mental health issues.
- In June, 2015, she was named as one of Australia’s touring party for the 2015 Women’s Ashes in England.
- Off-spinner Ravithandran Ashwin added yet another feather to his cap by becoming the highest wickct-taker in a home Test season on February 25, 2017.
- He has taken 67 wickets from 10 Tests—the most in a home season, surpassed legendary allrounder and former India captain Kapil Dev, who had 63 wickets from 13 matches in the 1979-80 season.
- Ashwin recently became the fastest to 250 Test wickets, going past Dennis Lillee’s recrod of 48 Test’s by three matches.
Read Also – National Current Affairs
John-John Dohmen/Naomi Van
- Belgium skipper John-John Dohmen, who guided the team to silver medal in last year’s Rio Olympics, and Netherlands’ Naomi van As, who was part of the Rio Olympics silver medal-winning women’s team, were adjudged the International Hockey Federation (FIH) male and female Player of the Year on February 24, 2017.
- It’s for the first time that a ceremony was held to honour the best outfield players, goalkeepers, rising stars, coaches and umpires by FIH.
- There were two Indians in the fray with Sreejesh among nominees for the best goalkeeper while 2Q-year*old Harmanpreet Singh, who was part of the junior World Cup-winning squad, was a nominee in the ‘Rising Star of the Year’ category.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.