Union Government Framed Infra Policy to Check Challenges of Urbanisation
- The Union government has formulated a policy to promote living close to mass public transport corridors like metro, monorail and Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), a move aimed at addressing the challenges of urbanisation.
- The National Transit Oriented Development Policy seeks to promote Transit-Oriented Development (TOD)—a type of infrastructure development which enables people to live within walking or cycling distance from transit corridors which are being undertaken in India at a large scale.
- The TOD is considered a viable solution to urban challenges like haphazard growth, mobility problems, congestion due to rising private vehicles on roads and pollution, among others.
Indian Railways Unveiled the Antyodaya Express
- Indian Railways has unveiled the Antyodaya Express, a new train for the unreserved passengers, on February 23, 2017.
- Antyodaya Express was announced as a part of Railway Minister Suresh Prabjiu’s Railway Budget 2016 speech and has been envisioned as a long-distance, fully unreserved, superfast train service that will be operated on dense routes.
- The train aims to provide enhanced passenger comfort. The seats of the Antyodaya Express are more comfortable compared to the general sleeper class ones.
- Antyodaya Express boasts of modem amenities such as water purifiers, toilet occupation indication display boards, bio-toilets, fire extinguishers with anti-theft arrangement, cushioned luggage racks with coat hooks, LED lights, more mobile charging points and enhanced capacity dustbins.
India Launched ‘Cyber Swachhta Kendra’ to Protect Citizens
- The government through its Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-in) launched ‘Cyber Swachhta Kendra’ — a new desktop and mobile security solution for a secure cyber space in the country, on February 22, 2017.
- The new solution will notify, enable cleaning and secure systems of end-users to prevent further infections.
- India joined the distinguished club of countries that have malware-cleaning systems for the use of its citizens. As of now, we have 13 banks and internet service providers using this facility.
- This centre will work in coordination with the Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and Industry. This Kendra will also enhance awareness among citizens regarding botnet and malware infection along with measures to be taken to secure their devices.
Health Ministry Launched ‘Saathiya Kits’ to Improve Adolescent Health
- The Health Ministry launched ‘Saathiya Resource Kits’ aimed at improving knowledge on adolescent health issues among teenagers on February 20, 2017.
- Health Secretary CK Mishra launched the ‘Saathiya Resource Kits’ along with the ‘Saathiya Salah’ (a mobile app for adolescents) under the Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK) programme.
- The ‘Saathiya Resource Kits’ is a nationwide programme under which 1.6 lakh boys and girls will work as peer educators to adolescents and respond to their queries on key health issues including mental and physical changes, nutrition and addiction.
- The initiative also aims to bring down the apprehensions and doubts among growing adolescents about the body related changes that they undergo during puberty.
Read Also – Sports Current Affairs
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.