Supreme Court Introduced Middle Income Group Scheme
- The Supreme Court of India has introduced the Middle Income Group Scheme. It is a self supporting scheme which provides legal services to the middle income group citizens i.e., citizens whose gross income is not exceeding Rs 60000 per month or Rs 750000. per annum.
- Under the scheme, middle class people who can’t afford the expensive litigation in the Supreme Court can avail the services of the society for a nominal amount. The person desirous of availing the benefit of the Scheme shall have to fill up the form prescribed and accept all the terms and conditions contained therein.
- As per the scheme, contingent fund will be created to meet the miscellaneous expenditure in connection with the case under the scheme by requiring the applicant to deposit up to the stage of admission, a sum of Rs 750 in addition to the charges required to be deposited with the society, out of this contingent fund.
- As per the Supreme Court rules, it is only through advocates on record cases can be filed before it.
Union Government Launched ‘TAMRA’ Portal and Mobile App
- Power, Coal and Mining Minister Piyush Goyal launched Transparency, Auction Monitoring and Resource Augmentation (TAMRA) portal and mobile application on February 15, 2017.
- The TAMRA will be an interactive platform for all the stakeholders to compress the timelines for statutory and other clearances as it would help minimise the gestation period for commencing production.
- The TAMRA will send triggers to the concerned authority so that the remedial steps can be taken immediately by those responsible.
- The Ministry of Mines will also receive triggers generated by TAMRA and will facilitate in expediting clearances. This portal also enables successful bidder to give suggestions/inputs.
India’s First Floating Elementary School Inaugurated on Manipur’s Loktak Lake
- Loktak lake, the largest freshwater lake hi the country, has now become home to first-of-its-kind loktak floating elementary school cm February 12, 2017.
- The Loktak lake is referred as the ‘lifeline of Manipur’ as it is highly productive and many lives depend on the lake for endurance. The lake is also an Important Bird Area as it’s a potential breeding site for waterfowl and is a staging site for migratory birds.
FSSAI set-up Panel to Finalise Laws on Food Fortification
- Food regulator FSSAI set-up a scientific panel to frame final regulations on fortification of foods and prepare strategies to address malnutrition problem on February 11. 2017.
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India ( FSSAI) has already issued the draft guidelines on fortification for five food items like salt milk, wheat flour, rice and edible oil to boost production and consumption of fortified foods.
- Fortification means deliberately adding or increasing the content of essential micro nutrients in food items to improve quality.
- The Panel will identify critical nutritional gaps in the Indian diet in general as well as in specific target groups based on diet surveys and credible scientific evidence.
Union Government Launched ‘Mission XI Million’
- The Union Sports Ministry launched ‘Mission XI million’, the biggest school sports outreach programme on February 9, 2017.
- A first-of-its-kind, the programme will encourage children to play football and the approach is to work with school principals and sports teachers and encourage and incentivise them to make children play football games on a regular basis.
- It aims to instil the passion for football in 11 million children from every part of the country.
- It is divided into three phases : Seminars for teacher and educators, in-school activities and football festivals, which will run-up to September, 2017.
Read Also – Science and Technology Current Affairs
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.