India-Belarus Women’s Test Series
- Indian women’s hockey team won over Belarus and segeseer the 5-0 whitewash in five-match Test series at March 9, 2017.
- Star forward Rampal scored two SKorahr field goals m the 35th and 39th minute after Belarus were pm m the lead by xher skipper Byta Batura, who scored in the 24th wammt through a nesafcy earner.
- Deepika scored India’s third goal in the 42nd minute to tak a commanding 3-1 lead while the defenders did well to keep the visitors from scoring in the final quarter to ensure a win.
Read More – SSC Question Papers
India Open Super Series 2017
- PV Sindhu on April 2, 2017 defeated reigning Olympic champion Carolina Marin of Spain to lift her maiden India Open Super Series title.
- Third seeded Sindhu defeated Marri 21-19, 21-16 to the Sirifort Sports Complex. The Indian badminton player had last defeated Marin in the BWF Super Series in Dubai in the year 2016.
Vietnam International Challenge
- Teenagers Chirag Shetty and Satwiksairaj Rankireddy won the men’s doubles title at the Vietnam International Challenge Badminton tournament at Hanoi on March 30, 2017*
- The India duo, supported by Go Sports Foundation, is jubilant and rated this performance as their best so far.
Li Ning-Israel Open 2017
- Shuttlers Purva Barve and Varun Kapur handed India double delight by winning their respective age group sections in the Li Ning-Israel Open 2017 in March, 2017.
- Ranked No.70 in the world, Purva, the fourth-seed in the Under-19 women’s singles, proved to be a runaway winner against the world No.61.
- Varun steamrolled England’s Toby Dillingham 21-10, 21-2 to bag his second International title in as many participated.
- Earlier, in December, 2016 Varun had bagged the Under-15 crown at the Cyprus International Open.
All England Operi 2017
- Lee Chong Wei won his fourth All England Open Badminton Championships crown on March 12, 2017.
- Lee is triple silver medalist at the Olympic games, and the sixth Malaysian to win an Olympic medal.
- He won his first silver medal in 2008, also the — first time a Malaysian the finals in the men’s singles event. This achievement earned him the title ‘Dato’, and led to Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak describing him as a national hero.
- He repeated the achievement twice more in 2012 and 2016, thus making him the most successful Malaysian Olympian in history.
World Women Snooker Championship
- India’s Vidya Pillai bagged the silver medal at the World Women Snooker Championship in Singapore on March 21, 2017.
- She won the first international medal for India in 2017.
- She beat dormer European Champion, Tatjana Vasiljeva of Latvia 4-1 (last 16), Katrina Wan of Hong Kong 4-1 (quarter-final), and Rebecca Grenger of England 5-1 (semi-final) to enter the final.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.