- India forward SV Sunil was named the Asian Hockey Federation (AHF) Player of the Year for 2016 with Harmanpreet Singh chosen as the Promising Player of the Year in the continental body’s annual awards on March 31, 2017.
- He regarded highly for his pace, played a vital role in India’s memorable run in last year’s Champions Trophy in London, where they claimed a silver for the first time.
- He made his senior international debut in the 2007 Asia Cup in Chennai, the tournament that India won.
- He was also a part of the team that won the silver at the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup in 2008.
- Lionel Messi has been banned from Argentina’s next four World Cup qualifiers on March 30, 2017, starting with game in Bolivia. Messi was banned for ‘having directed insulting words at an assistant referee’ during a home qualifier against Chile.
- Messi and the Argentine soccer federation can appeal against the ban to FIFA. Messi was also fined 10000 Swiss francs ($ 10160).
- Rafael Nadal celebrated his toooth tour level match with a come-from -behind victory over German veteran Philipp Kohlschreiber to reach the fourth round of the Miami Open on March 26, 2017.
- Nadal has won 14 Grand Slam singles titles, the 2008 Olympic gold medal in singles, 28 titles in ATP World Tour Masters 1000 events,and 17 ATP World Tour 500 tournaments (a record tied with Roger Fcderer).
- He was also a member of the winning Spain Davis Cup team in 2004, 2008, 2009, and 2011.
- Shaun Tait, who bowled one of the fastest balls ever recorded in Test cricket for Australia against England in 2010, has retired from the sport aged 34 because of an elbow injury on March 26, 2017.
- He bowled with an unusual slinging action, represented Australia in all three formats, playing three Tests, 35 one.-dayers. and 21 Twenty20 internationals.
- He made his Test debut against England during the 2005 Ashes series. He was most effective in one-day internationals, taking 62 wickets at an average of 23.56.
- Indian cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar was announced as the official Ambassador of Women’s Cricket World Cup 2017 by the ICC on March 9, 2017..
- Women’s participation in any sport is really important, it has always been ‘women for sport and sport for women. Thus he extended all support to them and advice them to enjoy the competitiveness.
Tamil Nadu became First State to Win all BCCI Senior Trophies
- Tamil Nadu has became the first State to win all BCCI senior trophies after winning the Deodhar Trophy on March 31, 2017.
- Tamil Nadu State, which has won the Ranji Trophy in the year 1987-88, also won the Vijay Hazare Trophy in the year 2017, making the state five-time winners in the tournament.
- Tamil Nadu has won the Irani Cup in the year of 1988-89 and the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy in the year of 2007-08.
Odisha to Host Men’s Hockey World Cup in 2018
- Odisha’s capital city Bhubaneshwar is set to host the men’s hockey Worid Cup in 2018 and the World League final in 2017 at Kalinga Stadium.
- Bhubaneswar has already successfully hosted the eight-nation Champions Trophy men’s hockey tournament in 2014.
See Also – Forest Exam Question Paper
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.