UPSC IES Exam Previous Year Question Papers
Union Public Service Commision invites application for ORA – Online Recruitment Applications against available vacancies. Age limit, Minimum Qualification, Eligibility criteria and Application fee are subjective to application from various backgrounds.
The Indian Engineering Services exam pattern and exam syllabus are given below. A thorough knowledge of these is must before starting preparation.
Get: UPSC Question Papers
Exam Pattern of UPSC Engineering Services
Union PSC IES Prelims Exam Pattern 2017
Stage 1 or preliminary exam will be a objective type paper. This stage will have two question papers which will constitute a total of 500 Marks. Paper 1 – 200 marks and Paper 2 – 300 marks. Syllabus for UPSC Prelims is given in UPSC IES Syllabus section. Paper 1 is a General Studies paper and Paper 2 will be Engineering Aptitude.
Only candidates declared by commission can appear for the Mains Exam. Students need to clear the cut off marks states by commission to be selected for next level. The result of Stage 1 exam will be used for calculation of merit list
|S. No||Exam Type||Papers||Subject Names||Marks||Exam Duration|
|1.||Objective Type||Paper-1||General Studies||200||2 Hours|
|3.||Paper-2||Concerned Subject||300||3 Hours|
|Total Marks||500||5 Hours|
UPSC IES Mains Exam Pattern 2017
Stage 2 or mains exams is a conventional exam that has questions only from one of the chosen subject of Engineering. There will be two papers for 300 Marks each from selected discipline of Engineering.
|S. No||Exam Type||Papers||Subject Names||No. of Marks||Duration|
|1.||Conventional Type||Paper-1||Concerned Engineering Discipline||300||3 Hours|
|2.||Paper-2||Engineering Discipline specific||300||3 Hours|
|Total Marks||600||6 Hours|
General Studies Syllabus:-
- Current issues of national and international importance relating to social, economic and industrial development
- Engineering Aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical ability
- Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis
- General Principles of Design, Drawing, Importance of Safety
- Standards and Quality practices in production, construction, maintenance and services
- Basics of Energy and Environment: Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, Climate Change, Environmental impact
- Basics of Project Management
- Basics of Material Science and Engineering
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) based tools and their applications in Engineering such as networking, e-governance and technology based education.
- Ethics and values in Engineering profession
Must Read: How to Prepare for UPSC Interview
Download UPSC Engineering Services Question Paper PDF
As UPSC exam is conducted in four streams, we provide you previous year question papers of UPSC IES exam for all these branches. Click on respective links are download the previous year question paper.
As all exams of UPSC IES will be under time limit and competition has been increased ever since. To overcome the drawback to part question paper left unsolved due to time limit can be done by using previous year paper to your advantage. Solve these paper as you would on exam day with time constraint and concentration. This habit will help you improve time management.
Visit Current-Affairs.org for the current affairs, previous year question papers, online quiz for the competitive exams and many more. If you need more question paper comment down your email id.