SSC CPO Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Every year SSC conducts exams on various levels. SSC(CPO) is one among them. Huge no. of candidates participates in SSC (CPO) exam to Join the police department. SSC conducts the examination for CPO SI /ASI 2017 for the selection of candidates. Candidates make them prepare physically and mentally for this exam. Every year SSC release huge number of vacancies and though the competition becomes tougher so the candidates have to prepare very hard in order to clear the exam. In a nut shell, the fittest will survive.
SSC CPO Exam Details
- There are two Papers, Paper-I and Paper-II for SSC(CPO).
- Both are objective type, i.e. MCQ.
- There are negative markings for each wrong answer.
- Paper – I consists of 4 parts and paper – II consists of 1 part.
- Both the papers are of 200 marks each.
SSC CPO Paper – I Exam Pattern
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Part- A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours|
|Part- B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|Part- C||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50|
|Part- D||English Comprehension||50||50|
SSC CGL Paper – II Exam Pattern
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|English Languages and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
- After the written exam, candidates have to qualify the physical test, There are some standards set for both Male and Female Physical Test.
SSC CPO SI Physical Exam
For Male Candidates:-
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds.
- 6 KMS race in 6.5 minutes.
- Long jump: 3.65 meters in 3 chances.
- High jump: – 1.2 meters in 3 chances.
- Shot up (16 laps): – 4.5 meters in 3 chances.
For Female Candidates:-
- 100 meters race in 18 seconds.
- 800 meters race in 4 minutes.
- Long jump: – 2.7 meters in 3 chances.
- High jump: – 0.9 meters in 3 chances.
When candidate qualifies the physical test then he/she is called for the Medical test and after further intervention, documentation checking, he/she is finally selected.
Now the syllabus of Paper- I is too vast, one should know what to study and how, one should do quality study, and should always revise the syllabus from time to time. Explained below are the chapters to be covered in different parts of Paper-I of SSC(CPO).
The Paper – I consist of four parts
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Knowledge and General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
#1. General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Similarities and Differences.
- Space Visualization.
- Spatial Orientation.
- Visual Memory.
- Relationship concepts.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Figurative Classification.
- Arithmetic Number Series.
- Non-Verbal Series.
- Coding and Decoding.
- Semantic Analogy.
- Figurative Analogy.
- Semantic Classification.
- Symbolic/Number Classification.
- Number Series.
- Figurative Series.
- Venn Diagrams.
- Embedded Figures etc.
#2. General Awareness
- Questions related to India and its neighboring countries.
- Economic Scene.
- General Polity.
- Indian Constitution.
- Scientific Research etc.
#3. Quantitative Aptitude
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Square roots.
- Profit & Loss.
- Partnership Business.
- Mixture and Allegation.
- Time and distance.
- Time & work.
- Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Congruence and similarity of triangles.
- Circle and its chords.
- Regular Polygons.
- Trigonometric ratio.
- Standard Identities etc.
Get: SSC Question Papers
#4. English Comprehension
- Error Recognition.
- Fill in the blanks.
- Sentence Structure.
- Sentence Completion.
- Phrases and Idioms.
- Comprehension etc.
The Paper 2 of SSC CPO 2017 will consist of English only and it will be descriptive type. The questions in this components will be designed to test your understanding and knowledge of English Language (Vocabulary, grammar and Spellings) and will be based on:
- Error recognition
- Filling in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc)
- Sentence Structure
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Sentence Completion
- Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words
- Comprehension, etc.
Thus, This is the complete SSC CPO Syllabus and Exam Pattern. With the help of the syllabus, start making your preparation plans and strategies.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.