Government Revised the National Solar Mission Target
- The government has revised the National Solar Mission target of Grid Connected Solar Power projects from 20000 MW by 2022 to 100000 MW by 2022. The revised National Solar Mission is under implementation.
- Piyush Goyal, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, Coal & New and Renewable Energy stated that it is planned to achieve the revised target of 100000 MW by setting-up Distributed Rooftop Solar Projects and Medium & Large Scale Solar Projects.
- The Ministry of New & Renewable Energy has further set two categories under which the target will be achieved. Under category-I, the Ministry has targeted to harvest 40000 MW solar energy by setting Rooftop Solar panels and Under category-II, the Ministry has targeted to harvest further 60000 MW energy through the collective efforts.
CCEA Approved Proposal for Strengthening Drug Regulatory System
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved a proposal on August 12, 2015 for strengthening and upgrading the drug regulatory system both at the Central and State level at a total cost of Rs 1750 crore, which will be spread over a period of three years.
- The upgradation and strengthening of the system will also include setting up of new laboratories and training academy for regulatory and drug testing officials. This will help in facilitate domestic manufacture of quality medical products.
- The upgradation will also include creation of additional manpower for regulatory structures, including for new and emerging areas such as stem cell, regenerative medicine, biologicals and medical devices in addition to drugs.
Read Also – National News – Current Affairs Study Material (Part 1) .
Union Government Sanctioned 1500 MW Solar Power Park for Andhra Pradesh
- The Ministry for New and Renewable Energy has sanctioned a 1500 MW ultra mega solar power park for development in Kadapa district ofc Andhra Pradesh on August 12, 2015. It will become the third park of over 1000 MW to be taken-up by the State.
- Two other parks of 1000 MW each are being executed by NTPC at Anantapur and Kurnool districts, respectively. The State government is keen that the renewable energy sector sees development of 9000 MW by 2019.
- Along with these projects, the State utility AP Genco has approved a move to set-up a 500 MW (250×2) solar park in Anantapur.
Ministry of Railways Signed Four MoUs with Power Ministry
- Four Memoranda of Understandings (MoUs) were signed between the Ministries of Railways, Power and New 6- Renewable Energy for energy conservation, transmission and solarisation on August 12, 2015.
- The first MoU was signed on knowledge sharing in the field of electricity and energy conservation to reduce the cost of electricity for the Railways. Another MoU signed to promote solar energy usage. A third MoU signed with the Bureau of Energy Efficiency to identify technologies to improve energy utilisation.
- The last agreement was signed between the Railway Energy Management Company and Energy Efficiency Services Limited for implementation of energy efficient systems and conservation projects for the Railways.
New Central Sector Scheme ‘Nai Manzil’ Launched in Patna
- The Union Minister for Minority Affairs Dr. Najma Heptulla launched a new Central Sector Scheme ‘Nai ManziT in Patna on August 8, 2015. The scheme is intended to cover people in between 17 to 35 age group from all minority communities as well as Madarasa students.
- The scheme ‘Nai ManziT scheme will address educational and livelihood needs of minority, communities in general and muslims in particular as it lags behind other minority communities in terms of educational attainments.
- It is a new direction and a new goal for the all out of school/dropped out students and those studying in Madarasas. It is so because they will not be getting formal Class XII and Class X Certificates rendering them largely un employed in organised sector.
We hope you like National Current Affairs September 2015 Part 4, give your feedback in comments and keep visiting Current Affairs.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.