Special Cell Formed in Odisha to Expedite Investment Approvals
- The Odisha government has set-up a special entity on August 17, 2015 to fast track approvals for investment projects. The new entity named State Level Facilitation Cell (SLFC) has been mandated to clear investment proposals in 15-30 days.
- The SLFC has classified companies in two broad categories i.e., green and non-grebn. Under the new arrangement, SLFC will provide clearances to green category projects within 15 days.
- All other industrial projects placed under the non-green category would receive approvals within 30 days.
- The formation of SLFC was done in line with to make Odisha one of the most favoured destinations for investors which lagged behind to attract big ticket investors and to promote ease of doing business in the State.
Adani Group Signed Port Pact with Kerala
- The Adani Group signed a Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) with the government of Kerala to build and operate the Vizhinjam International Seaport near Kovalam beach on August 17, 2015. It is the eighth such project undertaken by this conglomerate.
- Vizhinjam mega trans-shipment container terminals become operational within 1000 days from the start of construction which is scheduled on November 1, 2015.
- The project was conceived over 25 years ago in 1991 but had failed to take off as three rounds of prior bidding got no commitment from any serious developer.
Odisha Approved Fisheries Policy
- The State Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, government of Odisha approved Odisha Fisheries Policy, 2015 on August 13, 2015 with an objective to increase the productivity and production of fish from island, brackishwater and marine resources.
- The sector specific policy targets 7.15 lakh tones of total fish production by the end of 2019-20 from present level of 4.13 lakh tones.
- It is also projected to increase the inland fish production from 2.63 lakh tones at present to about 5.30 lakh tones in the next five years. –
- The freshwater fish productivity is aimed to be increased from 2.13 tonnes per hectare to5 tones per hectare.
- 15000 hectares of new ponds and tanks will be developed for freshwater aquaculture in 30 districts by 2020 which will create an additional direct employment for 60000 persons.
Read Also – Economy & Banking Current Affairs October 2015 .
Odisha Cabinet gave Nod to Industrial Policy Resolution 2015
- Odisha Cabinet gave its nod to the much awaited Industrial Policy Resolution (IPR) 2015 on August 13, 2015 after several rounds of consultation with different administrative departments and industry associations.
- The scheme will be implemented from 2015-16 to 2019-20. It is aimed at ensuring availability of uninterrupted power to the consumers in the twin cities of Bhubaneswar and Cuttack.
- The IPR has identified various focus sectors for the next five years, such as auto & auto components, downstream and ancillary industries, agro and food processing, IT and Electronic System Design & Manufacturing (ESDM), tourism, civil aviation and manufacturing in viation, pharma, handicrafts and textiles and petroleum & petro-chemicals.
- The Cabinet also gave its nod to the State Capital Region Improvement of Power System (SCRIPS) scheme with an outlay of Rs 1500 crore and 650.64 km ambitious Biju Expressway.
Saraswati Heritage Board on the Anvil in Haryana
- The Cabinet meeting held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Manohar Lai Khattar in Haryana, has decided to establish the Haryana Saraswati Heritage Development Board on August 11, 2015 to preserve and promote various archeo-cultural facets of the SaraSwati heritage area.
- The board will initiate, promote and support research in Saraswati’s Heritage, publish books, journals, monographs as also publish biographies of scholars who have contributed to the study of Saraswati Heritage. The registered office of the board would be in Chandigarh or Panchkula.
New Train Services in North-East Launched
- After the completion of Balipara – Bhalukpo ng (Arunachal Pradesh) and North Lakhimpur-Murko ngselek (Asom) sections into broad-gauge, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launched new train services on August 10, 2015 in the North-East Indian States through video-conferencing from New Delhi.
- With commissioning of Balipara-Bhalukpong gauge conversion Arunachal Pradesh State has received second Broad Gauge connectivity in its history.
- Earlier in 2015, direct train service was launched between Arunachal Pradesh’s capital Itanagar and Delhi.
- 13 new lines, 3 Gauge Conversion and 4 Doubling projects with balance fund requirement of Rs 37000 crore have been taken-up in North-East. These projects on completion will augment network by 1915 km.
We hope you like State Level Current Affairs for September 2015 (Part 3), give your feedback in comments and keep visiting Current Affairs.