India and Australia Signed MoU to Deepen Education Ties
- India and Australia signed a Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) on cooperation in the fields of education, training and research on August 24, 2015. Both countries agreed for a total joint financial commitment of up to $ 1.0 million AUD for various activities under Educational Cooperation.
- The MoU will help intensify existing partnerships between India and Australia in higher education & research, including technical and professional education, schools, vocational education and training and will open up new and innovative areas of cooperation.
- The AIEC is a bi-national body established in 2011 as a commitment by the Education Ministers of India and Australia to guide the strategic direction of the education, training and research partnership between the two countries.
India and Nepal Inked MoU on Petroleum Products Pipeline
- Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan and Minister of Commerce and Supplies of Nepal Sunil Bahadur Thapa signed an MoU on August 24, 2015 on petroleum product pipeline.
- The 41 km long pipeline will be built from kaxaul (Bihar) in India to Amlekhgunj in Nepal i.e., 2 km in India and 39 km in Nepal. It will initially supply petrol, diesel and kerosene and will be constructed by Indian Oil Corporation.
- In this regard, the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) will also do re-engineering of the Amlekhgunj petroleum depot to make it compatible with receiving petroleum products by pipeline. It will take the IOC 30 months to complete the project.
Prasar Bharati and Digital Television Signed an MoU
- India’s Public Service Broadcaster, Prasar Bharati and Digital Television Russia (DTR), a joint stock company of VGTRK (Russia Television and Radio) and Rostelecom JSC entered into an agreement on August 20, 2015.
- Both Organizations signed for creating a cooperative platform for exchange and joint production of television programmes’. This alliance will focus on high quality production, marketing and distribution of content related to art, culture, trade and science, research and technology etc.
- Joint production and exchange of TV programs and related services will give audiences in both countries an unprecedented access to a rich variety-of thematic entertainment and factual content which will cross-promote each nation’s unique culture and traditions through cooperation in all areas in the media arena. ‘
India and Bangladesh Inked MoU to Fight Fake Currency
- Indian and Bangladeshi security agencies have signed a Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) on August 17, 2015 at a meeting of the Joint Task Force on Fake Currency Notes in Dhaka on August 12 and 13, 2
- The two sides committed themselves to sharing intelligence on a real-time basis and to work in close coordination to curb the smuggling of counterfeit currency notes, posing a threat to national security.
- In this regard, a secure channel will be established for information exchange, for which a standard operating procedure is being developed. The Indian side gave a presentation on the magnitude of the threat posed by high-quality fake currency notes and shared the modus operandi adopted by the masterminds.
India and Slovakia Signed Moll on Technical Cooperation
- India and Slovakia has signed a Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) on technical cooperation in Railways Sector. The MoUs will be valid for a period of two years and after completion of valid term it will be automatically renewed for further successive period of two years at a time.
- The MoU was signed on August 12, 2015 between the Railway Ministry and Ministry of Transport, Construction and Regional Development, Slovakia.
- Infrastructure building, station development and management and workshop modernisation, Information & Communication Technologies (ICTs) especially for passenger amenities, Modernisation of rolling stock and Modernisation of Signaling & Telecom are the coperation areas in the MoUs.
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more.
Click Here to Register For Latest Current Affairs, Question Paper, Free online test Alert directly in Your Inbox.