NTPC Signed MoUs with NSDF and NSDC
- Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajiv Pratap Rudy in a written reply said in the Rajya Sabha on August 13, 2015 that there are over 70 skill development schemes across various sectors implemented by over 20 Central Ministries/Departments for various skill development programmes for both the organised and unorganised sectors.
- In this regard the National Thermal Power Corporation has signed two Memoranda of Understandings (MoUs) with National Skill Development Fund and National Skill Development Corporation.
- The first MoU was Signed on May 8, 2015, to provide skill training to 5000 youth and women across 22 locations with special focus on the Eastern States of the country where NTPC power plants are located. The MoU is for two years with a project cost of Rs 6.5 crore.
- The second MoU was signed on June 26, 201-5, to train 25000 candidates in services and manufacturing sectors across under- served locations in Bihar over five years with a project cost of Rs 30 crore”
PAHAL Scheme Entered into Guinness Book of World Records
- As on August 13, 2015, 13.9 crore LPG consumers have joined the Union government’s ambitious Pratyaksha Hastaantarit Laabh (PAHAL) scheme. As per a government statement, the scheme has been acknowledged by the Guinness Book of World Records for being the largest cash transfer program (households).
- India launched the ‘PAHAL’ Scheme in 54 districts of the country on Novemeber 15, 2014 and in remaining districts of the country on January 1, 2015.
- The LPG consumers who join the PAHAL scheme will get the LPG cylinders at market price and receive LPG subsidy (as per their entitlement) directly into their bank accounts.
See Also – National Current Affairs October 2015 (Part 3).
Uninor Awards Rs 1200 Crore Contract to Huawei
- Uninor, the Indian unit of Norwegian telecom major Telenor, has awarded a contract worth Rs 1200 crore to Chinese firm ‘Huawei’ on August 12, 2015 to modernise and manage its network across six circles with 24000 base stations in India within a three-year time frame.
- The modernisation project will also enable the company to make its network 4G-ready. Under the contract, Huawei will also become the managed services partner of Uninor by the end of this yean
- Currently, Uninor operates in the circles of Uttar Pradesh (West), Uttar Pradesh (East), Bihar (including Jharkhand), Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Gujarat. It will soon start operations in the Asoin circle. The company has about 40 million mobile customers in India, out of which 26% are active internet users.
Thermal Power tech Flagged-off Unit Two of Krishnapatnam Plant
- Thermal Powertech Corporation India Limited (TPCIL) situated at Krishnapatnam in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh on August 11, 2015 has synchronised the second 660 mega watt (MW) unit of its 1320 MW thermal power plant with the grid.
- The plant’s first unit of 660 MW, which was synchronised in December, 2014, started commercial operations in February, 2015. With the synchronisation of its second unit, TPCIL is on course to commence commercial operations of its total 1320 MW operating capacity by the end of September, 2015.
NABARD Accredited by UN’s Green Climate Fund
- The government of India said on August 11, 2015 that National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has been accredited by the United Nations Green Climate Fund as an implementing entity for undertaking climate change related projects in India.
- The Green Climate Fund (GCF) was set-up under the framework of the United Nations Framework Convention on. Climate Change (UNFCCC) in 2010 to help developing countries finance clean energy, other mitigation efforts and adaptation to climate change.
- NABARD is the only National Implementing Entity (NIE) in India for undertaking climate change projects. The fund assistance will be in the form of concessional loan, grant and through other modalities, instrument or facilities as may be approved by the GCF Board.
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more.
Click Here to Register For Latest Current Affairs, Question Paper, Free online test Alert directly in Your Inbox