Squash Current Affairs
- Joshna Chinappa, India’s star squash player won the $ 15000 Victorian Open competition on August 2, 2015 by defeating her Danish opponent Line Hansen in the final match of the WSA event played at Melbourne, Australia. She won her last WSA title in the Richmond Open in April, 2014.This time was her overall tenth WSA title.
- In the men’s category, Australia’s Ryan Cuskelly won the title by defeating Greg Lobban of Scotland by three set score of 12-10, 13-11 and 11-9.
Archery Current Affairs
World Archery Championship
- The Indian women’s recurve archery team of Deepika Kumari, Laxmirani Majhi and Rimil Buriuly had claimed silver as they defeated in the World Championship final by Russia held in Copenhagen, Denmark on August 2, 2015.
- Indian archer Rajat Chauhan has won silver medal in the World Archery Championships in the compound category. It was India’s first-ever individual medal in the World Archery Championships.
Athletics Current Affairs
World Athletics Championships 2015
- Mare Dibaba (Ethiopia) has won the gold medal in the women’s marathon event at the World Athletics Championships 2015 by out-kicking Kenya’s Helah Kiprop held in Beijing (China) on August 31, 2015.
- Ethiopia has a long and proud tradition in marathon running but with this victory, Dibaba became first Ethiopian female to win the marathon event at the world championships.
- She won the women’s marathon by finishing it in 2 hours, 27 minutes and 35 seconds. Kenya’s Helah Kiprop (2:27:36) won the silver medal and Eunice Kirwa (2:27:39) of Bahrain won bronze medal in this event.
Wrestting Current Affairs
World Cadet Championship
- Wrestler Anil won gold medal in the 50 kg freestyle category on August 30, 2015 by defeating world champion Efan Aeini at the World Cadet Championship.
- Anil’s gold is the second after female grappler Ankus won silver medal in the 38 kg female category on the third day of the Championship.
- Earlier in 2014, he had won gold medal in the 50 kg freestyle category at the 2014 Asian Championship by defeating Efan Aeini.
See Also – International Current Affairs October 2015.
Gymnastics Current Affairs
Asian Gymnastics Championships
- Dipa Karmakar, the ace Indian gymnast clinched the women’s vault bronze medal at the 6th Senior ART Gymnastics Asian Championships in Hiroshima on August 3, 2015. She stood third at the podium with 14.725 points.
- In the Asiatic Gymnatics, Yan Wang of China won gold medal with 14.988 points. The silver medal was won by Japanese Sae Miyakawa with 14.812 points.
- Dipa Karmakar had won total of five gold medals while representing Tripura State in the 35th National Games in Kerala in February, 2015.
- In the 2014 Asian Games held in Incheon, South Korea, she had finished fourth in the final. She won a bronze in the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
Sports Personalities Current Affairs
- Usain Bolt (Jamaica) won on August 23, 2015 the world 100 m title in the World Athletics Championships held in Beijing (China). He completed 100 m this time at 9.79 sec and won gold medal by defeating Justin Gatlin of the USA.
- With this victory, he retained his 100 m title which was won earlier in 2009. Justin Gatlin finished his target at second spot in 9.80 sec, and took silver medal. With this Usain Bolt is regarded as the fastest person in the world.
- Usain Bolt is the first athlete to hold both the 100 m and 200 m world records. He is also the first to achieve a ‘double double’ by winning 100 m and 200 m titles at consecutive Olympics i.e., in 2008 and 2012.
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more. We hope you like Sports Current Affairs September 2015 (Part 1), give your feedback in comments.
Click Here to Register For Latest Current Affairs, Question Paper, Free online test Alert directly in Your Inbox.