All the candidates applying for UP SI and Constable Vacancies need to check the UP Police Constable Recruitment Syllabus and Exam details provided here. The police department is set to conduct a written test for various posts for which checking examination patterns and syllabus for every concerned candidate is of great significance.
About Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment & Promotion Board UP
Every UP Police aspirant knows about UPPRB. UP PRB is the Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment & Promotion Board, which conducts UP Police Constable Recruitment Syllabus and Exam from time to time. The UPPRB has been working since the 1960s and has had a lot of success filling vacancies with qualified candidates. This article will give you all the information you need to know about UP police constable recruitment to succeed in your application.
Furthermore, the Department of Police of Uttar Pradesh is divided into eight zones to maintain law and order. The Department also has 18 police ranges in the state. In addition to these, recruitment tests are administered for various jobs such as Sub Inspectors and Inspectors on an as-needed basis by authorities. The Department frequently issues notifications relating to openings and standards regularly. Apart from the exam schedule, the Board also proposes UP Police Constable Recruitment Syllabus and Exam Pattern for the applicants.
Police constables play a vital role in Uttar Pradesh, and the state is known to have one of the most significant police forces in India. Uttar Pradesh has about 32,000 policemen on its rolls, whereas there are only 17,000 policemen for Delhi’s population, which is twice as big as Uttar Pradesh.
|Update Highlights||UP Police Constable Exam Syllabus|
|Recruiting Authority||Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment & Promotion Board, Lucknow|
|Government Undertaking||Uttar Pradesh|
|Name of Post||Constable|
|Number of Vacancies||Various|
|UP Police Constable Selection Process||Written Exam, Physical Efficiency Test, Detailed Medical Test, and Document Verification|
|Job Posting||State Divisions|
UP Police Constable Exam Pattern
- The written test is an offline objective multiple choice type.
- The test consists of 150 MCQ with 02 marks each.
- The written exam is based on General Knowledge (38 Questions), General Hindi (37 Questions), Numerical & Mental Ability (38 Questions), Mental Aptitude, IQ and Reasoning Ability (37 Questions).
- There is a negative marking of 5 Marks for each incorrectly marked answer.
- The total duration of this exam is 02 Hours.
- The level of the exam is according to the minimum educational standard.
- Since the physical exam is of Qualifying Nature, there are no marks for it.
UP Police Constable Exam Pattern
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|Numerical and Mental Ability||38||76|
|Mental Ability/ Reasoning Ability/ IQ||37||74|
UP Constable Syllabus
General Knowledge: India and its neighbors, National/ International Awards, History, Scientific development, Cybercrime &Cyberlaws, Human Rights, Indian Polity, Indian languages, Goods & Services Tax, Geography, Script, Currency, Books, Capital, Current Affairs, and Sports Knowledge.
General Hindi: Reading & Writing Comprehension, Letter Writing, Use of Words, Synonym, Sentence Correction, Word Knowledge, Antonyms, Idioms, and Phrases.
Numerical Aptitude: Number System, Decimal &Fractions, Ratio &Proportion, Profit &Loss, Age-related problems, Linear algebra, SI& CI, Time and Work, Graphs and Tables, Simplification, HCF &LCM, Percentage, Trigonometry, Discount, Partnership, Distance &Speed, and Mensuration.
Mental Ability Test: Logical Diagrams, Coding-Decoding, Word Formation Test, Word &Alphabet Analogy, Letter &Number Coding, Data Interpretation, Determining Implied Meanings, Statistics, Graphs, Symbol-Relationship Interpretation, Perception Test, Letter &Number Series, Direction Sense Test, and Argument Forcefulness.
Mental Aptitude: Public Interest, Communal Harmony, Indian penal Code Rules of Law, Professional Information, Contemporary Policy Issues, Interest in Profession, Minorities & Underprivileged Sensitivity, Law and Order, Crime Control, Ability of Adaptability, Police System, Basic Law, Mental Toughness, and Gender Sensitivity.
Intelligence and Reasoning: Relationship &Analogy Test, Series Completion, Direction sense, Alphabet problems, Venn Diagram, Order sequence, Odd one out, coding-decoding, blood relations, time sequence test, seating arrangement, analogies, differences, problem-solving, decision-making, discrimination, relationships, Arithmetic, similarities, Space visualization, Mirror Image, Water reflection, image orientation, analysis judgment, visual memory, observation, concepts, verbal and figure classification, and symbols & relations.
How to prepare for UP Police Constable Exam
So if you have finally decided that you want to be a UP Police Constable. How do you prepare for the recruitment exam? Here are some tips which will help you in your preparations:
- Know about Uttar Pradesh police constable roles and duties. The best way to know this is by talking to people currently serving as constables or online and offline sources like newspapers, magazines, etc.
- Once you decide what branch of service interests you the most, start studying relevant books.
- Make sure that you thoroughly go through the new UP Police Constable Syllabus and note the recent changes.
- Several books are available on Amazon India that can give any candidate all the information they need to successfully clear their exams – eBooks, study guides, etc.
- You can also find online sources with preparatory exam material if your main focus is on the printed forms of study material.
- Dedicate some time to televised news every morning and evening.
- Practice through timed Mock Tests and practice papers.
- Finally, it would be best if you got yourself physically fit for the job by exercising regularly and eating healthy food. This will help you to stay in shape while studying hard to clear your recruitment exams.
The UP Police Syllabus & Exam Pattern is now available for you to review. Candidates who wish to take part in the upcoming recruiting must go through the syllabus carefully. Candidates will have to study topics and take mock tests in order to perform well.
Taking these tests will assist you in heading in the correct direction with the right preparation method. Taking mock tests, correcting your errors, and enhancing your test-taking abilities can help you achieve a better score.
For further information and updates regarding the upcoming UP Police Constable Recruitment exam and syllabus, keep visiting this page.
Official Link: uppbpb.gov.in
For More Exam Syllabus: https://www.current-affairs.org/exams-syllabus