Economy & Banking Current Affairs
- Which advertising agency has bagged the Tourism Ministry’s Incredible India advertising campaign for the period of three years, recently? McCann India
- Google has unveiled a surprise restructuring on August 10, 2015 by creating a new parent company. What is its name? Alphabet
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has amended income tax rule to provide reporting of information with regards to financial assets and accounts to comply with which pact? Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
- As per the data released by the US Department of Agriculture, which country retains its top spot as the world’s largest exporter of beef and has extended its lead over the next highest exporter, Brazil? India
- Which board has launched a raft of measures on August 2, 2015 to support farmers by offering various subsidies and sensitise them on the need to enhance the quality of spices through post-harvest improvement techniques, as a part of boosting spices production in India? Spices Board
- Which cycles picked up majority stake in UK-based Avocet Sports in its first overseas acquisition and marked entry into high-end bicycle market in Europe? Hero Cycles
- Which Hyderabad-based renewable energy company has agreed to sell its India assets to Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC), recently? Greenko
- Who allowed banks in India to tie-up with more than one insurer i.e., 9, from life, non-life and standalone health insurance segments? IRDAI
- Which scheme has been acknowledged by the Guinness Book of World Records for being the largest cash transfer programme (households)? Pahal
Read Also – National Current Affairs September 2015 .
Science & Tech. Current Affairs
- India successfully launched its latest communication satellite GSAT-6 on August 27, 2015 by the indigenously built Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV)-D6 from which station? Satish Dhawan Space Centre (Sriharikota)
- A team of chemists at George Washington University, United States have developed recently a technology to economically convert atmospheric CO, directly into highly valued carbon nanofibres for which use? Industrial and Consumer Products
- Which State government announced that 15 gharials, the last surviving species of the family-Gavialidae will be released in the Beas belt near Haxike Patan as part of its plan to make it a habitat of the species? Punjab
- Which country recently, declared the effective end to a deadly outbreak of Middle-East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)? South Korea
- China launched two new satellites into space from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center in South-Western Sichuan province on July 25, 2015 as it develops its domestic navigation system. What is the name of that system? Beidou or Compass
- Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and State governments of Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra collaborated for artificial breeding of which bird? The Great Indian Bustard
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully test-fired Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) Mark III on ground CE-20 at the ISRO Propulsion Complex at which place? Mahendragiri (Tamil Nadu)
Sports Current Affairs
- Who on August 2, 2015 fully recognised the World Flying Disc Federation (WFDF), ultimate frisbee’s governing body, during its 128th session in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)? International Olympic Committee (IOC)
- Which Indian women’s recurve archery team had claimed silver as they defeated in the World Championship final by Russia held in Copenhagen (Denmark)? Team of Deepika Kumari, Laxmirani Majhi and Rimil Buriuly
- Who has won world both 100 and 200 m title by outstripped his rival Justin Gatlin of US who won silver medal in the World Athletics Championships held in Beijing (China)? Usain Bolt
- ‘ Which team won the Guru Tegh Bahadur Hockey title by defeating defending champions Army XI ? Air India
- Who won the 2015 Hungarian Grand Prix of Formula One (F1)? Sebastian Vettel
- Which Young Indian golfer hafs won the junior world golf title on July 22, 2015 held in Las Vegas? Shubham Jaglan
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more.
We hope you like Smart Practice Current Affairs September 2015 [Part 2], give your feedback in comments.
Click Here to Register For Latest Current Affairs, Question Paper, Free online test Alert directly in Your Inbox.