Andhra Pradesh Unveiled New Tourism Policy
- The Andhra Pradesh government unveiled a new tourism policy 2015-20 on September 14, 2015. The new policy envisages attracting Rs 10000-crore investments and creating five lakh additional jobs over the next five years in the sector.
- There are subsidies on offer for water sports, rides, sailing, sea/river cruises, ropeways, heli tourism, caravan tourism and audio-video guide services at tourist destinations.
- The total project cost for eligibility for these subsidies would be evaluated by a registered valuer. Andhra Pradesh will set-up a single desk for all tourism sector related clearances, which would be provided within 21 days.
Rajasthan Submitted Annual Action Plan under Atal Mission
- Rajasthan on September 11, 2015 has become the first State in the country to submit State Annual Action Plan under Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT). Under the State Annual Action Plan, AMRUT projects are proposed to be taken-up in 13 of the 28 AMRUT cities in Rajasthan.
- Those includes Alwar, Beawar, and Nagaur in which both water supply and sewerage projects will be taken-up while water supply projects will be taken-up in seven other cities of Baran, Bhiwar, Bhilwara, Chittorgarh, Dhaulpur, Ganganagar City and Sujangarh. In 3 cities of Bhiwadi, Sikar and Udaipur, only sewerage and septage management projects will be taken-up.
- These cities have been identified by the State government in line with the principles of prioritisation suggested in the Mission Guidelines after analysing the gaps in coverage in respect of household water supply connections and sewerage network services.
Tamil Nadu Global Investors Meet (GIM) 2015 Held
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa inaugurated the Tamil Nadu Global Investors Meet (GIM) 2015 at Chennai on September 9, 2015. The State claimed that it would attract investments to the tune of RS 1 lakh crore ($ 16 billion).
- Nine countries have registered themselves as partner nations for the mega investment event. Over 5000 delegates including from foreign nations are attending the two-day summit. It also included captains of Indian industry and global corporates and representatives of Indian and global industrial bodies.
- This event is crucial for Tamil Nadu for a variety of reasons, the topmost being the heavy competition with other States such as Gujarat, Rajasthan, West Bengal to attract the bulk of investments in India.
Haryana Government Banned Products Containing Tobacco
- In view of health of the people, the Haryana government has completely banned the manufacturing and sale of gutka, pan masala, and other similar products containing tobacco on September 9, 2015.
- The Food and Drugs Administration has issued notification in this regard, under which, sale and purchase of tobacco products have been prohibited for one year from September 3, 2015, in the interest of public health.
- The ban also includes mix of other ingredients such as heavy metals and anti-caking agents, except to.the extent of specifically permitted ingredients, silver leaf, binders, flavours, scents and fragrances.
‘e-Pragati’ to Bring All Government Services under One Roof
- The State Cabinet of Andhra Pradesh accorded formal approval to the Andhra Pradesh State Enterprise Architecture, e-Pragati, on September 5, 2015. It will bring all the government services under one roof.
- The basic objective is to move away from the piecemeal approach and provide an integrated ‘One governance’ that will be citizen-centric, transparent and effective. e-Pragati has been designed with an estimated investment of Rs 2358 crore of which the State will share Rs 1528 crore over a period of three years.
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more.
Click Here to Register For Latest Current Affairs, Question Paper, Free online test Alert directly in Your Inbox.