Badarpur-Faridabad Metro Inaugurated
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Badarpur- Faridabad Metro on September 6, 2015 in Delhi National Capital Region (NCR) which will connect the national capital with the satellite town. This is believe to give impetus to economic growth in the region by fast transportation
- It is the 14 km long corridor and has nine stations from Sarai (Delhi) to Escorts Mujesar, It is an extension of the presently operational ITO-Badarpur section of the Delhi Metro.
- It is also the first environment-friendly metro in India as all the stations and depot have been equipped with solar power plants.
Andhra Pradesh Inked MoU with TISS to Increase Employability of Students
- The Andhra Pradesh government has signed a Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) with the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) on September 6, 2015 which envisaged implementation of programme activities of ‘Andhra Pradesh University Students Employability Skill Development Programme’, a flagship initiative of the State government.
- The MoU involves strategic partnerships with civil society organisations, public sector bodies, private sector institutions and social entrepreneurship organisations, etc., to complement the efforts of the AP State Knowledge Mission, and accelerate its progress for achievement of the mission objectives.
- The TISS has been designated for the implementation of National University Student Skill Development Programme (NUSSD), which aims to enhance employability skills of university students. Currently, it is being implemented across 11 universities in India.
Delhi High Court Allowed Permanent Commission for Women in Navy
- In a landmark judgment, the Delhi High Court allowed women to get permanent commission in Indian Navy on September 4, 2015. The Court held that women could now have full term service in the Indian Navy and enjoy retirement benefits.
- The judgement was given by a Division Bench of Delhi HC headed by Justice Kailash Gambhir on the writ petition moved by a group of women naval officers both retired and serving that the courts would “frown upon an endeavour to block progress of women”.
- As of now, Navy treats women officers as a group entitled only to short service commission and men as a group entitled to both short service and permanent commission. This judgement will help in eliminating the gender discrimination and ensure the rights of women officers in Indian Navy.
Haryana Government Passed Bill to Abolish Police Recruitment Board
- The Haryana Assembly passed a Bill named the Haryana Police (Amendment) Bill, 2015 on September 4, 2015 that abolished the Police Recruitment Board and transferred the police recruitment to the Haryana Services Selection Commission (HSSC).
- So now, recruitment to various non-gazetted posts in the Haryana police would be filled through this Haryana Staff Selection Commission (HSSC). This move will end the nepotism in the police recruitment in the State.
- But, the gazetted posts in the Haryana police service would be filled through Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC) as usual. The Bill was mooted by Chief Minister Manohar Lai Khattar to follow up its commitment of transparent and merit-based selections.
Punjab Government Established Special MGNREGA Cell
- A special MGNREGA cell has been established on September 3, 2015 at the Punjab State headquarter to coordinate the effectively implementation of National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme all over the Punjab. This establishment was made by the Punjab Rural Development and Panchayat Department with an outlay of ? 233 crore.
- This cell will monitor implementation of Union government’s .flagship 100 days employment guarantee scheme and the wage rate which has been fixed by Union government on the basis of consumer Price Index-Agricultural Labourers (CPI-AL) which is implemented on 1st April every year and will be applicable for whole financial year.
Haryana Bagged the ‘Skoch Order-of-Merit’
- Haryana has bagged the ‘Skoch Order-of-Merit’ national award as on September 3, 2015 in implementation of six e-governance and IT initiatives in the State. The State government had notified 163 services which would be delivered to the citizens at their doorstep with a view to provide time-bound and hassle-free services.
- The award presented to the state government on September 22-23, 2015. The award is given by Skoch Consultancy Services Private Limited, founded in 1997, a strategy and management consulting firm based in Gurgaon.
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more.
Click Here to Register For Latest Current Affairs, Question Paper, Free online test Alert directly in Your Inbox.
Hey, I am Mansi Agarwal – owner of this site. I am basically from Lucknow. I did B.Tech and now working as a full time blogger. Blogging is my passion and my permanent job also. If you have any suggestion for the improvement of this site then feel free to tell me. You can connect with me on FB and Twitter for more updates.