Asian Airgun Championship
- 8th edition of Asian Airgun Championship was held at New Delhi from September 25 to October 1, 2015. A total of 180 male and female sports shooters from 14 Asian countries, including Chinese Taipei, Iran and South Korea, are participating in the four-day competition. India has emerged on the top with total medal tally of 17 medals, including 6 gold. While Iran finished second in this continental event.
- Ace Indian shooter and Beijing Olympics champion Abhinav Bindra clinched the gold in the men’s 10 m Air Rifle event of the Asian AirGun Championships held in New Delhi on September 27, 2015.
- He shot 208.3 to bag the top prize ahead of Kazakhstan’s world number eight Yurkov Yuriy (206.6) and Korea’s Yu Jaechul (185.3) on the first day of competition at the Dr. Kami Singh Shooting Range.
- Narang won a bronze by finishing 4th with a score of 164.5 while another Indian, Chain Singh was placed 6th after notching up 122.7 in this event. Abhinav Bindra had also won gold in 2008 Beijing Olympics in 10 m Air Rifle event becoming first Indian in individual gold.
Read Here – News Orbit Current Affairs September 2015.
Japan Open Super Series 2015
- The 2015 edition of Yonex Open Japan Metlife BWF world super series occurred from September 8, 2015 to September 13, 2015 at Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium, Japan.
|Men’s Singles||Lin Dan (China)||Viktor Axelsen (Denmark)|
|Women’s Singles||Nozomi Okuhara (Japan)||Akane Yamaguchi (Japan)|
|Men’s Doubles||Lee Yong Dae/Yoo Yeon Seong (South Korea)||Zhang Nan/Fu Haifeng (China)|
|Women’s Doubles||Zhao Yunlei/Zhong Qianxin (China)||Christinna Pedersen/ Kamilla Rytter Juhl (Denmark)|
|Mixed Doubles||Joachim Fischer Nielsen/ Christinna Pedersel) (Denmark)||Zhao Yunlei/Zhang Nan (China)|
BWF Korea Open 2015
- Ajay Jayaram from India defeated by Chen Long of China in BWF Korea Open championship on September 20, 2015. He settled for a silver medal finish in the Men’s singles category at the SK Handball Stadium, Seoul.
- Thus, Ajay Jayaram became first Indian badminton player to win a medal in Korea Open Badminton tournament. He is currently ranked 32nd in the world.
- The last time Jayaram made it to the last-four stage of a Superseries was in 2012—in the China Masters.
- Thereafter, he lost the race for the London Olympics berth to Parupalli Kashyap, suffered injuries and was out of action for most part of the last three years.
Japanese Grand Prix 2015
- Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton (Britain) won on September 27, 2015 the 2015 Japanese Grand Prix title of Formula One at Suzuka, Japan. This was his overall eighth victory of this season.
- In this season, he has won Australia, China, Bahrain, Canada, United Kingdom, Belgium and Italy Grand Prix titles of Formula One. Currently, he is the 5th on the all-time list of FI with 41 wins.
- 2015 is the 66th season of the Formula One World Championship which is a motor racing championship f1 Formula One cars.
Singapore Grand Prix 2015
- Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel hailed from Germany has won 2015 Singapore Grand Prix of Formula One oi September 20, 2015 at the Marina Bay Street Circuit, tl first street circuit in Asia.
- With his fourth win at this venue, Vettel moved to thii on the all-time list for most wins behind Michael Schumacher (91 wins) and Alain Prost (51). He had earlier won in 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more.
Click Here to Register For Latest Current Affairs, Question Paper, Free online test Alert directly in Your Inbox.