- Professor Mahesh Rangarajan resigned from the directorship of the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML).
- Under Mahesh Rangarajan’s brilliant scholarship, Nehru Memorial Museum and Library became one of Asia’s most respected places of learning.
- The Executive Council of the NMML under the chairmanship of Lokesh Chandra had accepted Dr. Rangarajan’s offer to quit on September 16, 2015 as the BJP government questioning the nature of his appointment approved by the previous UPA government on its last legs.
Read Also – SSC Current Affairs Online Quiz .
- Chief Executive of Volkswagen, Martin Winterkom, has announced on September 22, 2015 that he is to resign following the scandal surrounding the emissions of its diesel cars.
- His resignation comes after Volkswagen admitted that it had deceived US regulator Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in exhaust emissions tests by installing a device to give more positive results.
- Renowned Hindi poet and Sahitya Academy awardee Viren Dangwal has died on September 28, 2015 at the age of 68 years He was also a successful journalist.
- He was also associated with the editorial board of Hindi daily AmarUjjala group.
- He was also a professor of Hindi and taught Hindi at Bareilly college from 1974 to 2010.
- He had recently shifted base to Bareilly after a three-year stay in New Delhi.
- His famous write up was ‘Kavi Ne Kaha’ besides his collection ‘Dushchakra me Shrista’ earned him the Sahitya Academy award in 2004 and Shamsher Samman in 2002.
- Manipur Governor Syed Ahmed has died on September 27, 2015 at the age of 70.
- During his tenure as the Governor, he declined to give assent to the Manipur Tenants, Visitors and Migrant Workers Bill, 2015 which was passed by the Manipur Assembly on March 15, 2015.
- He had served as a Minister in the Maharashtra government from 2001 to 2004.
- He was elected to the Maharashtra assembly five times from the Nagpada constituency between 1980 and 2004.
- He was sworn in Governor of Manipur on May 16, 2015.
- Evergreen Odia romantic lyricist Md. Nizam has died on September 21, 2015 at the age of 62. He would be remembered for long for his popular romantic and joyful lyrics.
- Beginning his career as an All India Radio artiste, Nizam switched over to Odia films in 1977 and soon created a niche for himself.
- Some of the key songs penned by him, including ‘Hrudayara Eei Sunyata Ku Aaji Pachari Mu Jebe Sune’ and Mu Je Eka Pagala Bhanra’ have become immortal.
- Multi-million selling British-born author, Jackie Collins, has passed away at the age of 77 in her Beverly Hills mansion on September 19, 2015. Collins’s raunchy novels of the rich and famous sold more than 500 million copies in 40 countries.
- In a career spanning four decades, all 32 of her novels appeared in the New York Times bestseller list. She was honoured with Order of the British Empire (OBE) in 2013.
- Jacqueline Jill ‘Jackie’ Collins was born on October 4, 1937 in London, England. She was the younger sister of actress Joan Collins.
- President of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Jagmohan Dalmiya, passed away on September 20, 2015 at the age of 75.
- He also served as President of the International Cricket Council (1997-2000).
- Dalmiya was involved with the BCCI in 1979 and had started his journey as its treasurer in 1983 before becoming its secretary.
- He was a key figure in bringing the 1987 and 1996 cricket World Cups to the sub-continent. He took over as BCCI President for a second time earlier in 2015 after a gap of nearly a decade.
Visit Current-Affairs.org for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more.
Click Here to Register For Latest Current Affairs, Question Paper, Free online test Alert directly in Your Inbox.