Engineering students and Engineers Passed B. Tech have a great opportunity of joining the Indian Army through TGC entry and SSC Tech Entry. The candidates have to apply on the basis of their aggregate percentage of Engineering. While only males can apply through TGC entry, both male and females can apply through SSC-Tech Entry.
The details about these two entries are given below:
- Who all can apply: Technical Graduates i.e. Engineers who are appearing i.e. last year students and who have passed engineering can apply. Males can apply for TGC and SSC Tech and females can apply for SSC Tech.
- Educational qualification: Degree in BE/B.Tech or Appearing in Final year in the streams as notified by Indian Army.
- Age: Males must lie between the age of 20-27 years (for both entries) and females must lie between 19-25 years at the time of course commencement.
- Cutoff: Since no written test is there hence the call for SSB is made on the basis of cutoff percentage of qualifying exam i.e. engineering in this case. This cutoff is decided by the Army based on the applications received.
- Commission: TGC entry will grant you a permanent commission and through SSC Tech entry as the name suggests you’ll be commissioned as a Short Service Commission Officer.
- Training Academy: The training academy for TGC is IMA and for SSC Tech is OTA.
- Notification: Notified twice a year in Apr and Oct for TGC and SSC-Tech (Men) and Dec/Jan and June/July for SSC Tech Women.
- Procedure: Candidates applying for TGS/SSC-Tech are shortlisted for entry as per the cut off decided by Army. There are no such percentage criteria at the time of application. The mode of application is online and shortlisted candidates are called for SSB interview which is a five- day process including screening tests, psychological tests, group tasks, and Personal Interview, then the selected candidates go for medical examination. In the end the final merit list is prepared, and those whose name appears in the list join IMA/OTA.
The Indian Army jobs provide opportunities based on entry level of male and female candidates which is given below:
Entry Scheme for Men – Intermediate (10+2) [NDA, 10+2 TEST], Graduate UPSC [IMA (DE), OTA SSC (Non-Technical], Graduate Non UPSC, Law Graduate, Engineer [UES, TGC, SSC (Technical)], Post Graduate,Entry Scheme for Women – Graduate UPSC, Graduate Non UPSC, Engineer Entry, Law Graduate, Post Graduate.The eligibility criteria to join Indian Army should be age between 20-25 years for Civilian candidates and extendable up to 28 years for registered candidates as on the initial day of Recruitment posts. Candidates should have minimum Graduation in any stream like B.Sc./BCA/ BTech/ B.Sc. (IT) with Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry and Post-Graduation from a recognized from the recognized University/ Institution.
Indian Army Recruitment Selection Procedure: The General Selection process for Indian Army Recruitment 2016 conducted written test, physical test, medical test and personal interview. Written test papers will bilingual (Hindi & English) and of objective type. Selection will be based on the performance of the screening test, Physical fitness test, and medical enrollment, Teaching Aptitude Test and Interview. Young Men and Women can actively take participate to Join Indian Army and exhibit talent with pride all across the world.For more details, you can check with www.current-affairs.org which will give all updates and alert daily. Keep watching www.current-affairs.org for Govt Jobs section regularly to important job alerts. www.current-affairs.org gives you all types of preparation for pursuing to join Indian Army with the help solved Indian Army placement papers. Candidates can also download syllabus, previous paper and model test paper for the practice session.
for latest current affairs, previous year question papers, free online quiz for SSC and others, Study material and lot more.